Sunday, August 12, 2012

This and That

A few things:

  • It’s just two weeks until school starts.  I’m starting to get nervous/excited.
  • I’ve all but decided to go ahead and splurge on an L.L. Bean backpack for Joanna.  I waffled a bit between their “junior” and “regular” size.  I want it to fit her okay, but I also want her to be able to use it for awhile.  First I decided to go ahead and get the regular size.  But the pattern we liked wasn’t available until November.  So I decided to get the junior size since it really looked like the best for her tiny body.  Then I got distracted and waited a couple of days and now the pattern we like in that bag isn’t available until late September.  That’s what I get for waiting so late!  So I think the plan is to let her use an inexpensive bag for at least the first few weeks of school.  Then we’ll invest.
  • I just realized something amazing about my blog that I probably should have already known.  When I want to look up something (let’s say a recipe or when it was we flew to Oklahoma), I log into my blog homepage and look it up in my listing of posts.  I’ve tried adding a search bar so that anyone could search my blog, but it never worked.  While searching for help in Blogger, I learned that there’s already a search bar (that works!) on the blog homepage!  It’s at the very top left.  Am I the stupidest blogger ever?
  • If you’ll notice right below my beautiful header (that soooo needs updating), it says “home” and “some favorite recipes.”  I’ve started adding recipes that I’ve blogged about to that other page to make it easy (mainly for me!) to find them.  I know I don’t have them all, but it’s a start!
  • I’m enjoying the last few minutes of Matt’s vacation right now.  It’s going to be kind of sad getting back to reality (and waking up early!), but this week was just so nice.  We are definitely going to need to do this again!

This girl is pretty good at using her imagination.  She pulled out all our maracas to use as handbells and put them on her little table.  Then she got this other instrument thing (that I can’t remember the name of) to use as a mallet and put on baby doll socks for gloves!  My little ding-a-ling:

IMG_6662

Part of my most recent Amazon order came yesterday.

IMG_6663

I opened the giant box to find a much smaller envelope.

IMG_6665

Then I opened the envelope to find my very small SD card.

IMG_6666

Someone explain that ridiculous abuse of packaging to me.

I’ve been wanting James to try drinking out of a regular cup at meal times.

IMG_6689

These super-tiny jars are the perfect size!  He was having trouble with the tilting action needed when I gave him anything taller.

IMG_6692

He LOVED it! 

We turned on the closing ceremonies of the Olympics tonight.  At about 7:15, Matt noticed this:

IMG_6693

She was OUT too.  We were plenty loud and James even talked to her and held her hand.

IMG_6695

I sure hope she’s not getting sick!

I probably should not have let her stay asleep as she’ll probably be up at 6am.  But I did.  I also let her go to bed without brushing her teeth.  And she’s still wearing her dress.  She opened her little eyes when Matt moved her to her bed, but I don’t think she really stirred.  She is out!

I’ve been telling Matt that one day I’m going to wake up and see that James needs a haircut right away!  I think that day was today.  He’s been getting close, and I think it’s time.  Of course it would happen right after Matt’s vacay.  Time for a Mommy/James outing to the hair place!

No comments:

Post a Comment