Monday, October 1, 2012

A Box Turtle in a Box

My mom told me last week she had a box turtle in a box.  David had found it on the greenbelt and brought it home so the kids could look at it.

DSCN1765[2]

We stopped by after school on Thursday.

DSCN1767[2]DSCN1769[2]DSCN1773[2]DSCN1776[2]

I forgot my camera, but I used my mom’s to catch all of these.

DSCN1779[2]

I was squatting to take the pictures, and the turtle kept crawling under my legs and trying to burrow under my shoe.

DSCN1774[2]

DSCN1786[2]

Joanna worked up her courage to pick him up!

DSCN1792[2]

Then we let him go in the yard and will likely never see him again.

Back inside, we vegged in front of the TV for a little while.  James grabbed a pen and said “ant me” to Gran.  He looooves it when she “tattoos” him.  :)

DSCN1794[2]

A fun little nature trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment