Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy Birthday to James!

There are approximately nine million, three hundred sixty four thousand, eight hundred twelve pictures in this post.  You may need a break in the middle.  :)

Thursday was my sweet boy’s 2nd birthday!  I made cinnamon rolls (from a can!) for breakfast.

IMG_8055

They were just perfect to stick a couple of candles in!

IMG_8057

I was trying to do something creative with the photo.  I was less than successful.  :)

IMG_8059IMG_8060

Blowing out his candles!  Or attempting to anyway.  :)

IMG_8065

Yum!

IMG_8067

This is a MUCH better spot in my house for taking pictures!

IMG_8068IMG_8071

I put him in his birthday boy shirt for school.

IMG_8075

Is he the stinkin’ cutest!!

IMG_8077

We popped outside for a few pics before getting in the van.  He was throwing the gumballs and getting such joy from it!

IMG_8080

I love this one, even though it’s not of his face.

IMG_8082IMG_8083IMG_8087IMG_8089IMG_8090

He’s so funny – and he knows it too!

IMG_8091

This is what the bus looks like going in to school.  Four kiddos under four and all their stuff!

IMG_8094

After I dropped the three middle kiddos off at school, Laura and I went to grocery store before heading home.  Then thankfully Jan called and reminded me about the Musikgarten meeting we had that morning that I had completely forgotten about!  So Laura and I headed up there and were only a few minutes late.

I lost track of the time and barely made it to pick up Joanna at noon for early release.

When Laura was taking an afternoon nap, Joanna and I whipped up a batch of Rice Krispie treats for James’ birthday

IMG_8096IMG_8099

I’ve never let her do anything at the stove before (fire – yikes!), but it was such low heat I felt okay about it.

IMG_8101

She loooooved helping me!

IMG_8105

After we picked up the little kids at school, Lisa and her girls came over to wish James happy birthday and eat Rice Krispie treats!

IMG_8108IMG_8110

This was the huge grin that was plastered on his face while we sang to him.

IMG_8112

He’s a big fan of the treats – he’s my boy!

IMG_8115IMG_8118

Anna and Emma brought James presents, and he opened his present from Ray.

IMG_8121

They know him well – he got trucks and trains and lots of wonderful goodies!

IMG_8126

Matt got home after a little while, and all the kiddos left.  I made some loaded nachos for dinner and quickly wrapped James’ presents from us.  I used miscellaneous things from the craft/gift closet to wrap his gifts.  If they were going to stay wrapped for a while, I might have used actual wrapping stuff, but since they were only going to be wrapped for about 15 minutes, I used fabric scraps, old receiving blankets, and a couple of shopping bags.  Miraculously they coordinated, even though I wasn’t trying.  :)

IMG_8129IMG_8131

I picked out three things of my stash that were intended for James, and I let the girls each choose one they wanted to be from them to him.  Natalie chose to give him these blocks (which really are more for her right now than him anyway).

IMG_8137

Yum!

IMG_8139IMG_8141

Joanna picked out the Thomas train set with a giraffe.

IMG_8149

He got a set of train track pieces to extend his set from Matt and me.  A good haul!

(I think these next couple may be the only pics I’ve posted with my new camera taken with the flash!  It was just too dark and there was too much movement to do without!)

IMG_8154

He got lots of birthday phone calls – here he is on the phone with Auntie Kathryn.  He’s so fun to talk to on the phone!

IMG_8155

I didn’t take pictures, but he also got his box from Andy and Christiana in the mail that day (with trucks!), and a birthday card from Uncle Mike and Aunt Heidi.  He definitely felt special and loved on his birthday!  Thank you all wonderful friends and family for loving on our sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment