Saturday, October 13, 2012

James at the Pumpkin Patch

We’re having some family over on Sunday to celebrate James turning two next week.  I can’t believe it!!! 

I was making a list yesterday after dinner of all the things I needed to get done today, and I started thinking about decorating.  I’m not really going to decorate; I’m focusing mainly on just cleaning up, but I thought it would be nice to put up some snapshots of Mr. James as simple, cheap, and soooooo cute décor.  Then I thought that I didn’t really have many recent cute pics of James.  Then I thought about how it was 6pm, and the pumpkin patch was open until 7pm, and wouldn’t those be some cute pictures if I could manage to get there before dark.

James was in the bath, so I fetched him out, got him dressed, popped him in the car, and headed up to the pumpkin patch.  I was stopped at what felt like a very long stoplight, just watching the sun go down, taking my light with it!  :)

But there was still some light left when we got there!!  And James was super-cute and cooperative!!  I probably could have done better at dressing him in something contrasting so he didn’t blend in a little with the pumpkins so much.  But he still looks so cute to me!

Most, but not all of these pictures have been edited a bit.  I got a little carried away running different actions on them.  I didn’t crop any though; this is how they were all framed in the camera.  I’d love you to tell me what pictures/effects you like or don’t like so much in the comments.  I’m deciding which ones I want to print big and frame around the house, and I welcome input! 

I shall even number them for you.  And I whittled this number down from 82; you can thank me later.

1. IMG_7848 1

2.IMG_7851 1

3.IMG_7854 1

4.IMG_7856 1

5.IMG_7862 1

6.IMG_7863 1I pulled a car out of my purse and put it on my head, thinking it would make him smile.  Instead, he just wanted the car.  :)

7.IMG_7865 1

8.IMG_7873 1I pulled another car out of my purse and put it on my head, thinking he would laugh.  He put his car on his head too.  :)

9.IMG_7877 1He did not like being barefoot in the straw.  :)

10.

IMG_7878 1

11.IMG_7884 1

12.IMG_7886 1He was just so cute walking around that place – it was so fun to be there one-on-one with him!

13.IMG_7887There were lots of cars and trucks going by that James was loving checking out!  Trucks are definitely his thing right now.

14.IMG_7893He loved this gnarled pumpkin.  He kept saying “pumpkin heavy” and “I strong.”  So cute!

15.IMG_7895

17.IMG_7896

18.IMG_7901 1

19.IMG_7904These next few he was pretending to eat the straw – he cracks me up!

20.IMG_7905

21.IMG_7906

22.IMG_7910

23.IMG_7912 1

24.IMG_7914 1

25.IMG_7915This is the pumpkin he chose to take home with him and put on the front porch.  I can’t wait to go back with all the kiddos!

Taking James’ birthday pictures in the pumpkin patch may become an annual thing!

2 comments: