This is the church’s second annual Trunk or Treat, and we had a wonderful time!
Joanna is planning to be a zebra for Halloween. Natalie is planning to be a mermaid but has a plethora of other costumes in her arsenal. James… well, whatever. :) So I’d been thinking and thinking on how to coordinate the costumes they all have to make sort of a theme. I realized they all have animal costumes, so I thought we’d go for that today! They can be uncoordinated on Wednesday. :)
I was even feeling ambitious and decided to paint their faces. I have no idea what came over me.
I googled images of zebras, giraffes, and tigers as well as people painted like zebras, giraffes, and tigers. Then I went to work!
Matt was kind enough to take process shots for me – wahoo!
All done! My zebra:
My giraffe. I did not find much in the way of giraffe face paint ideas so I sort of made this one up from here and there.
James did not end up getting his face painted due to him needing to stay asleep. :)
In the costumes, outside for a photo shoot…
I picked this giraffe up at Baby Daze in September – I couldn’t resist!
Kinda makes you think you might be on a Safari expedition, no?
There’s the elusive tiger! I realized at some point that they were dressing up as the three animals that are their loveys. Joanna is dressed as James’ lovey. Natalie is dressed as Joanna’s lovey. And James is dressed as Natalie’s lovey. :)
We remembered to park away from direct sunlight this year. Yay for shade!
I left Matt manning our very undecorated “trunk” while I took the kids around to the cars. I didn’t take many pictures. Making sure not to lose one of my wild animals took most of my concentration. :) People really went all out on the trunks. It was fun!
James was soooooooo cute getting his candy and putting it in his man bag.
We hit pretty much all the cars then headed back for some refreshment. I had stuck a few snacks from the pantry in the car, and I’m glad I did.
Here are my zoo animals eating their rice cakes. If I’d been more on the ball, Matt and I could have dressed up as zookeepers. :)
We met up with the Vandengirls – A bride and Cinderella. So pretty!
I started feeling like heading home about 5:30, and as soon as Natalie said “I have to go to the bathroom” we were out of there!
It was fun time to see friends and trade candy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment