Saturday, January 2, 2010

These pictures are so last year...

But they have lots of great friends in them, so I have to post them!
My friend Kathy, who is actually my oldest friend -- in that I have known her the longest of all my friends -- was in town visiting her family. She, sadly, is living in South Carolina. Anyway, we're both pretty bad at getting things arranged so we barely squeezed in a visit Monday evening when they were leaving the next day, even though they'd been in town for a month or so.
Kathy, with her son Josh and Joanna. My failed attempt to get pictures of our little ones: Natalie and Sam (9 months).
Josh wanted in Kathy's lap, too. And not just any part... the middle part. Hee hee. Poor Kathy is so baby girl deprived. She has one lone niece and one yet to be determined niece, but every body else is a boy. Not that there's anything wrong with boys, you know, is just... I think it's a little fitting, though, because Kathy is one of four girls and now they're having all these boys. I just love that Kathy's kiddos are the same ages as her niece and nephews. Not that I'm wanting my sister to go and have children soon (hear that, Kathryn?!) but I do miss that my girls aren't growing up with cousins.
They do, however, have lots of great friends!
We headed to Lisa's on Thursday to play. I walked out of the house with the diaper bag and two clothed children, but no jackets, shoes for the little one, etc. I just don't think "outdoorsy," you know?
Fortunately there were enough jackets and shoes to go around. :)
The Vandenberge girls got a great big swingset/fort thing for Christmas. And get this: their Daddy BUILT IT... with his hands and tools and wood and stuff... from nothing. I'm seriously impressed.
You can't tell from the picture, because of course we're not in Harry Potter, but Natalie was rocking.
Then she got to swing. She really loves to swing.
Her very sweet other big sister even pushed her. Awwww...

That finishes up any posts from 2009, I think. I have a few to post from this year already... coming up next!

1 comment:

  1. wow...i knew we didn't take many pix, but those are pretty bad of me...oh well, nice to be "documented"!
    We've got to get better at arranging things!

    AJ's planning a swingset for our backyard too, and we've already got the "rocks" for the rock climbing wall...found really cute ones online that have letters on them, so we got "Josh" and "Sam" ones, plus some plain ones to fill in, since my boys have short names. I can't wait for him to have time to actually build it!

    ReplyDelete