Monday, April 11, 2011

Bread and baths and big girls and coloring and choir and chewing… and a date!

If you forget to put yeast in the bread AND you tell your husband to go shape it and put it in the loaf pan (thus not laying eyes on it yourself) AND you ask your mother to put it in the oven (because you are not home and again not laying eyes on it), this is what it will look like:

P4090913

If  I had laid eyes on it at either time, I’m pretty sure I would have realized what I’d done.  I don’t think I could have saved the loaf as a loaf, but I think I could have rolled it out for more of a cracker thing.

In it’s current state it’s totally disgusting and unusable as food.  And yet, it’s still sitting on my kitchen counter, mocking me.

P4100916

I wonder if ducks will eat it?

Saturday evening The African Children’s Choir performed at the church, and they were great!  (this pic is actually from Sunday morning, because I forgot my camera Saturday night.)

P4100915

Mom wanted to give us a date night for Matt’s birthday (which is TODAY!), so we left James and Natalie home with her and took Joanna with us to see the choir.  Then we took her back home and went to Dennys.  :)  I’d been craving pie, and my mom suggested Dennys!  We were able to sit in a casual place and eat and talk without interruptions.  I had apple pie, French fries and hot chocolate.  Life’s short you know.  Matt had coffee and a brownie with ice cream.  And he shared my our fries.  And nobody mooched.  :)   Joanna told me before we left to make sure and take pictures of my food so she could see what I had.  Can you believe it – is she my kid or what!  Sadly that was the only evening pretty much ever that I forgot my camera.  I took pics with my phone, but I’m not exactly sure how to get them where I want them.  I will probably have to un-disconnect us from the mobile web which requires a call into the AT&T people.  Anyway…we sure had fun – thank you Momma!

I think this one’s from yesterday.  I left Matt home bathing the kiddos while I made a quick run to HEB.  When I came home the duck and the penguin were entertaining James.  It was cute.

P4100920

This is from last night when James was on sleep strike.  Fortunately he was happy, but we all wanted to be asleep!  Isn’t he THE CUTEST?!

P4100925

Some of these pictures are grainy because I had my camera on the “anti-shake” setting.  I can take pics inside without the flash and they’re aren’t blurry.  So I’m not sure if I like grainy or blurry or w/ flash better.  I guess it depends on the picture!

The girls are working very hard on their birthday cards for Daddy this morning.  And yes, that is Natalie’s naked bottom.

P4110927

She tinkled twice in the potty this morning, then once on the chair, so we switched over to diapers.  :)

My Joanna Rose bloomed today, and I braved the sprinkles to go take a picture.  I just love it!

P4110932

Natalie picked out and put on her own socks this morning, so I figure she needed a dress to go with them. 

P4110933

Even though it seems like it shouldn’t be, Natalie is wearing the “other” one of the girls’ first matching Easter dresses.  I’m only a little sad that James can’t wear her first little one.  :)  I guess he could, but I’m just not going to go there.

You know I love strolling down memory lane.  Here you go – exactly two years ago tomorrow:

P4120030

sniff, sniff…

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband – I love you!!  I have another posted started (in my head) for him, but it’s just going to have to wait.  It’s already 11:00, and if the past week is any indication, I will be up in six measly hours, and that just ain’t enough for me.  Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment