Saturday, April 16, 2011

Joanna at the ENT

Joanna had another check up at the ENT on Thursday afternoon.  This visit went very much like the last on, but I remembered to bring my camera.  :)

In the booth.  First the audiologist puts headphones on, except that even the small pair is too big for Joanna so instead she gets these little thingies stuck in her ear.  I like it.  And somehow it graphs something (like how the inside of her ear works) onto the computer.  It should be a nice little mountain, but Joanna’s is a flat line due to the fluid.

P4141027

Then the audiologist goes out of the booth and says words for Joanna to repeat.

Then she puts on this headband that has to stay right on this bone on her head.  It slips a lot; she had a little head.

P4141028

Here she is raising her hand when she hears the beeps.

P4141029

I really hope Natalie doesn’t have to go through these little tests because I really don’t think she’d do near so well as Joanna does!

In the big chair in the exam room, waiting on Dr. Clegg.

P4141030

I’m not sure what this face was about, but I could just sop her up with a biscuit!!

P4141032

The results:
Pretty much the same as a month ago.  Her left ear is a little bit worse, but overall pretty much the same.  The fluid is still there, but not infected.  Dr. Clegg is having us give it another 6 weeks (that’s about how long it’s been since the test at the pediatrician’s office) for it to clear on it’s own.  He feels at that point if it hasn’t it isn’t going to, and we’ll do tubes.  So obviously I’m hoping and praying for the fluid to clear up so we don’t have to mess with tubes, but honestly I’m not worried about it one way or the other.  Many many children have had tubes in their ears and I know Joanna will handle it just fine.  I’m not terribly thrilled about the timing (summer – swimming!), but oh well. 

I love being able to take my big girl places all by herself – she’s such a good little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment