Natalie has had some rough weeks at school, but I’m hopeful things are turning around! She just wants to “be with Mommy” all the time. I must admit, I love it a little, but I also don’t want her to be sad! She has always gone to school/nursery so easily, and it breaks my heart she’s suddenly missing me so much. She was crying and crying Thursday when I dropped her off. I even carried her inside in the Ergo so that she could snuggle and I could still wrangle everybody and all the stuff. BUT her teachers said she calmed right down and was her usual Natalieish self the rest of the day – wahoo!!
I had to take a picture when I picked her up – she was all rolled into that nap mat and so snuggled in!
One thing I’ve started doing recently is taking a picture of the girls with their art when they bring it home from school. That way, whether I keep the art or not, I have a record of what they were doing at the age they were doing it. I’ve just gotten into the habit of walking in the door, unpacking the bags, handing them their pictures, and taking a shot. Which is why you can see my peeling wallpaper in this one. Ignore it. I do. :) Then I hang the pictures up on the wall (above Natalie’s head is a string with clothespins – very high tech.) for awhile. After that they go into the girls’ respective “portfolios” (posterboard folded in half and stapled). At the end of the school year, I plan to go through each folder (ALONE), and keep only the best/most individual/whatever. I have a couple of years of Joanna’s stuff to go through from before I had a “system.” It’s on my list. :)
Isn’t she THE CUTEST?! I could just sop her up with a biscuit!
No comments:
Post a Comment