Poor James is having trouble napping lately. He rolls all over the place in his bed which on the one hand is good because he’s able (theoretically) to find that perfect sweet spot on his tummy all by himself. On the other hand he gets his arms and legs caught in between the slats of the crib with all the flailing. And it works him up and he can’t fall asleep. My other babies have slept with bumpers for this very reason, but I’ve just been lazy about James’. We have a super cute bumper that matches his bedding, but the ties aren’t long enough and they’re not quite in the right place for our crib. I’m going to fix them (but now you see where the lazy part comes in). So it finally occurred to me to just put Natalie’s bumper in there – duh! Yes, it’s purple with flowers all over it and it really clashes with the skirt and sheets, but it’s perfect! I spent a year and a half learning how to tie the ties just right and it’s very tall and sturdy. And maybe the girlishness of it will inspire me to fix the pretty blue one quickly. :)
This problem isn’t so bad at night because he just does better at night, and is able to eventually fall asleep and sleep through the girls’ shenanigans. However (totally unrelated to the rolling/getting stuck) he’s sleeping until 5 or 5:30 in the morning. That’s mostly very exciting because he was waking up earlier than that for a while even though I know he doesn’t need it, and he sleeps from 7:30ish to 5:30 and I’m proud of him. When he was waking up earlier, he’d eat and go back to sleep until a respectable hour of the morning. Now he feels as though 5am is the morning. If you know me at all, you know this is not a view I share. It’s only been three days (I think), but I’m not in a good place. I just really really really don’t want to be up at 5 or 5:30 for any regularity. Ever. I’m a grumpy Momma. I actually really enjoy those early morning milk snuggles with my little baby boy. I just enjoy going back to sleep afterward. I know this too shall pass (to quote my mother), I just want it to pass quickly. :) And I feel a little guilty even whining about it because of all the rotten things in this world, having to wake up at 5:00am for three days in a row is awfully shallow, don’t you think? However, this is my blog and I can whine if I want to. :)
I think I have lots of cute pics to post and hopefully that will happen this evening. I’ve been caught up in reading another blog, and have been spending my computer time doing that! (A couple of times I get interested in another blog and find myself going back to the beginning to read forward until the present. It’s ridiculous, but fun and kind of like a book.)
Off to check on James, who is still fussing but really needs to take a nap in his bed since he hasn’t yet today and it’s 2:00.
No comments:
Post a Comment