Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Winners on Wheels

This is one of those “rites of passage” things I’ve been looking forward to with my kids forever.  (probably since before I had kids, to be honest)

The preschoolers got to bring their bikes and helmets to school today and ride ‘em around the parking lot!

P4120947

Ray’s dad dropped him off at the church for me today so that I could watch Joanna ride.  Ray had fun watching, too!

P4120950

I think Joanna was the slowest rider.  But she had fun!  She was the first to poop out; coming to rest by me for a while.  It was almost over anyway.  She is so my kid.

P4120954

Jamesy boy!  He was sooooo good today – wahoo!

P4120957

Joanna’s class – aren’t they the cutest little biker gang you ever did see?

P4120961

And just because… Joanna’s bike, parked after the ride.

P4120963

I’m sure this was far more fun for her than the riding – popsicles! 

P4120967

And now I would like to tell you a little story.  Last night we saw the Vandenberges at Bible Study, and fortunately Lisa reminded me about today or we’d have forgotten!  So when we got home last night, I put Joanna’s bike and helmet into the car (in the main part because I knew the double stroller was in the “way back”).  We piled in this morning just a little late to take the girls to school.  I had two big girls, one baby, one purse, one diaper bag, two school bags, a nap mat, and an empty milk jug.  And do you know what I found when I opened the “way back” of my car?

Nothin’

No double stroller.  Matt is ON. MY. LIST.  Because we always keep that thing in the car.  And when “we” take it out, “we” always put it back in.  Period.  End of story.  Always.  Except when “we” don’t.  And then we attempt to wrangle three kids and all their stuff and then two babies and all their stuff.  And we are only one small person.  About halfway through the wrangling, it occurred to me to go beg a stroller off the nursery room.  So I did, and that’s what Ray’s sitting in in the pictures.  We still had fun this morning, but I must say that I would have had considerably more fun with my double stroller.  Thus the reason for it’s existence.  But if you have a bunch of stuff and babies to carry, you just call me.  I’ll come help.  ‘kay?

1 comment:

  1. I have GOT to get Josh a big boy bike!! ACK!! Glad they don't have anything like this for his class, or I'd be soo embarrassed!! (he can't even ride his trike very well, but I'm thinking he'd do better with a regular type bike... i hope! can't be much worse, anyway! poor josh...)

    ReplyDelete