Me: (on the way home from Tennis Camp) What craft did you make?
Joanna: A rainbow
Me: Why’d you make a rainbow?
Joanna: Just because.
Me: Well, what story did you read?
Joanna: Noah was a good man. No, he was the only good man. (She says this emphatically, using both fists to make the point.)
Then she went on to tell the rest of the story. I just can’t get over how she said it; she knew it was an important part of the story. She’s so grown up!
Me: (calling Matt on the way home from a baby shower)
Natalie answers: Hi Mommy!
Me: Hi Baby…(we chat)… Where’s Daddy?
Natalie: right there (I find out later she’s pointing)
pause
Me: Can I talk to Daddy?
Natalie: You come home, you talk to Daddy.
I mean – what?!! She’s TWO! Where’d she get that from? She didn’t say it really snarky, just pretty matter-of-fact. She’s so funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment