Thursday, June 9, 2011

Kim’s Baby Shower

We threw a shower for my friend Kim who’s having her third baby in a few months.  Mostly I took pictures of food and decorations, but there are some people in them toward the end.  :)

The baby’s name will be Samuel, so we ended up with a Dr. Seuss theme  (Sam, I Am).

The decorations were SO CUTE!  I can say this because I had nothing to do with them.  :)  It was all Amy and Amanda, I think.

P6041295P6041298

I needed a good action shot of some work in the kitchen.  I think we all ended up with turquoise or blue on.  We’re so matchy.  :)

P6041300P6041301P6041302

Mmmmm… the punch I made.  I pretty much doubled it, using a gallon of Hawaiian punch, 2L of 7up and a quart of sherbet.  Instead of frozen apple juice cubes, I used frozen strawberries (at the suggestion of Amanda) to blend with our color theme.

P6041303

I tied tags to the punch cups so people could write their names on them.

P6041309

The food table before it had quite all the food on it:

P6041305P6041306

Our “green eggs and ham!”  Amanda made an egg salad (with avocado and I don’t know what else) to put on croissants with a slice of bacon – yum!!  I had two.  :)

P6041311

In the above picture, at the bottom right you can just see the most delightful creation ever: brownie balls.  You may have heard of cake balls, and they’re fine and everything, but I am a brownie girl!  Theresa, I love you.  :)

Theresa also made these gorgeous red velvet cupcakes.  Thing three – get it?  Ha!

P6041317

It was a diapers and wipes shower, so the gifts were pretty expected.  :)

P6041314

There were a few other things thrown in.  Did you know Avon makes kids’ towels?  They’re cute!

P6041315

From Kim’s camera, stolen off her blog:

IMG_3485E[4]

We’re a good lookin’ group, aren’t we?  It was so nice to get to visit with you this weekend Kim, and I can’t wait to get my hands on your baby boy!!

1 comment:

  1. Super Cute Shower! You guys are so creative! Congrats Kim!!!!!

    ReplyDelete