Last Friday afternoon, the teller at the bank informed me my driver’s license was expired. Oops! I simply hadn’t looked at the thing in forever and had forgotten that it was going to expire on my birthday in 2011. The next day my mom was off was today and she agreed to watch my girls so James and I could drive up to Cleveland to hit the DPS there.
It’s a teeny tiny office, and not that easy to find considering the people of Cleveland clearly don’t need street signs to know where they’re going. :) We actually found it just fine, and I joined my place in the back of the line outside. There really were only 7 or so people in front of me, but the lobby is super-tiny. I had expected James to nap on the way there but he said no. So I plopped down on the ground, leaned back against a pillar, and nursed my baby to sleep. He crashed and I was even able to rerobe and uncover him while he stayed asleep.
Look at those little beads of sweat! A spot opened up inside, so I carefully gathered our stuff and went inside to sit. He only stayed asleep a few more minutes, but then he was very happy! He smiled at people and was a great conversation starter. :)
I’m actually not sure what time I got there, but I know I left the house about 8:50, and I was all done by about 10:30. I’d say that’s not too bad! My new picture is awful, but it prompted me to make an appointment tomorrow to get my hair cut. And my name on my license will finally read “Jessica Pence.” It’s been Cooksey because I’ve been too lazy to go change it! The nice DPS lady held James while I had the picture taken. I was hot and sweaty – that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
All in all, not a terrible way to spend a Thursday morning. My mom let me drive her car and I told her it was kind of like a pleasure cruise. It drives real nice, and I got to listen to my little MP3 player! James and I stopped by Cleveland Healthcare to say hi to Matt before we headed back to the ‘Wood. He’d gotten quiet, but I couldn’t tell if he was sleeping (and I guess I just had to know), so I reached my camera back there and pressed the button when I thought it was by his face:
He wasn’t sleeping. :) He did fall asleep before we exited the highway though, and he stayed asleep while I buzzed through the grocery store. He must have been exhausted to do that!
It took me a couple of hours to get cooled off once I got home. It is just so stinkin’ hot outside! And I had good A/C in the car. Oh, my, what would I do without A/C?
Move, I think.
Sorry, I should have told you that Cleveland doesn't believe in street signs! I had to stop at CVS and ask, then the girl couldn't tell me any of the street names, just what to turn by...HA! Glad you got it done, and it took less than a DAY!
ReplyDelete