Wednesday, December 24, 2008

An early visit from Santa, Pedicures, and Christmas Eve services

Matt's coworker, Jim, who lives in our neighborhood, dressed as Santa this year, and paid Joanna a visit on Monday night. She wasn't so sure about Santa being in her house.Daddy had to hold her to get a pic. She didn't really want anything to do with Santa. She wasn't scared, exactly, just wary. Good girl. He is a strange man, after all!
She did like watching him leave, though. I didn't check myself...I wonder how he got to our house?
I must say that I highly, highly, highly recommend spa pedicures. A lot. I'd been thinking about getting a pedicure for a few weeks now. I can't reach my feet, and my nail polish and nails were in bad shape. No one can really see my feet these days with the wearing of closed shoes and all, but I was sick of looking at my grody toes! (And I did end up wearing sandals to church tonight with it being like 800 degrees outside. Yick.) So I left my wonderful mother with my cute daughter this afternoon (Thank you Mommy!) while I went up to the nail place for a pedicure. It was lovely. It was fabulous. I am definitely doing it again... in a few months or so. I read my book; I people-watched; I chatted with the ladies. All while my swollen, achy feet were being pampered to. Yea for that! Here is the finished product:
Before that, Joanna, Gran, and I went to the church for the new children's service and Jesus' birthday party. It was something new our church was doing this year, and I think it was a really great idea in theory. The service was fabulous, but the timing was bad. I think 11am is a good time for kiddos, but not for working mommies and daddies! It was a quick 30 minute service geared toward kiddos, with a "birthday party" for Jesus afterward. There was a huge turnout, even though it was a little drizzly. We saw lots of our friends and school/nursery buddies there.
Here is Joanna clutching her Christmas puppets and saying "cheese!"
So I mentioned in my previous post that Joanna slept 'till 9:30 this morning. Bizarre! (But of course not unwelcome) Turns out those last couple of hours of sleep were her nap for today. :) She did really well, and was still in pretty good spirits by bedtime.
After Matt got home, we all went to the church for the 5:00 service.
Aren't we precious? I know I don't look particularly festive, but I have only one red sweater that fits (and did I mention it was HOT outside?) Most of my shirts are officially too short. Mostly I just want to hang around in Matt's XL t-shirts. I think that's pretty standard for the last couple weeks of pregnancy.
We decided to be brave and sit in the very front row with Joanna in the service. She was SO GOOD! She colored, played with stickers, and ate a bit of dinner. :) I brought her a sandwich, some fruit, and some snacks -- they came in very handy during the sermon and communion liturgy. She was pretty antsy by that point. And, of course, she'd had NO NAP!
After service we found Aunt Mindy and Uncle Steve and visited with them for awhile.
I didn't get too many cute pics of Joanna in her Christmas dress. We don't really have much in the way of decorations up, so Matt and I have decided to take a dress or two with us to Mamma and Pop's house tomorrow and try to get some pics in front of their beautiful tree.
I'm sure I've posted that Joanna LOVES the broom. For whatever reason, she was using it to "tickle" her babies tonight. It just cracked her up. She's a funny girl, that one.
I'm sure I'll have some fabulous Christmas morning and Christmas family time pictures to post in the next day or two. We are so blessed! So, so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment