Saturday, December 6, 2008

Such Faith

I've been thinking about the faith that Mary must have had at this time so long ago. Very pregnant, not married, and having to travel a long way from her ObGyn (well, you know). I'm due soon, too, but I have all my comforts around me. I know we'll be taken care of if I go into labor at any time. I feel secure that the hospital will still be open even if it's Christmas Eve, that a doctor from my practice will be on call, even if (s)he's celebrating Christmas. I know that someone will rush to take care of Joanna, even in the middle of the night. Do I know all of these things because I, too, have such faith? Nope. I'm a bum. I rely on these things, these people, these places around me. I'm not relying on God like I should. Do I need a little fear to fuel my faith? Hope not. I'm working on it.

1 comment:

  1. I totally relate to this because so often I've said it seems that the people that are that close to God and have such faith are the people that have truly been through something major. I'm like you, though..."I hope not" either :-)

    ReplyDelete