Saturday, December 6, 2008

Staying Warm and Santa's Farm

My mom recently made Baby Sister a little blanket and a hat out of this pretty pink yarn. She had some left over, so Joanna got a hat, too! For grins, I put her little backpack on her the other day before school. Except for the fact that she could barely stand up, it was really precious! Here she is giving me another "cheese" smile. Love 'em! Most mornings I not only have to get Joanna and all my stuff out of the house, we also have to have 67 babies with us. When it's chilly, the babies sure keep her snug in the carseat!
Last night we headed over to the Ag barn for Santa's Farm. This is something Kingwood HS (and now Kingwood Park, too) has done for years. I remember going as a youth! Anyway, we took our wagon out on it's first mission and we had a great time!
The new hat from Gran came in very handy -- Joanna keeps it on really well. I also just picked her up some mittens (which are huge!) to keep her little fingers warm. When we got there, we jumped in line to see Santa. Joanna did pretty good with the wait, especially when we got close to the front and there were pretty lights and decorations. Mrs. Clause was sitting beside Santa and Joanna reached her arms up for her to pick her up. It was cute!
At first she shook her head when it was time to move to Santa's lap, but she didn't really have a problem with him. She wouldn't really smile, but she wasn't sad, either!
We walked through a couple of the barns and looked at the animals. This high schooler asked Joanna if she wanted to ped the sheep, and of course Joanna nodded yes. Then when the sheep actually came close, she decided yes was not really what she meant. She enjoyed waving at all the animals, though -- so cute!
We also had hot chocolate and cookies and saw the live nativity with real animals! Joanna's favorite part was picking up rocks.

We had a very fun evening, and even managed to get her into bed at a reasonable time. Her fingers were sooooo cold when we got home! She loves it, though. That's my girl!

2 comments:

  1. Paul David likes to bring lots of stuff with him, too. Unfortunately, there not babies that keep him warm...they're trains, football helmets, etc. It drives Paul crazy because they usually get left in the car. I think it's cute:)

    We enjoyed Santa's Farm, too. Paul David LOVED feeding Lilly the cow the hay. He just plain giggled at her. It was my first year, but I'm sure we'll be back!

    That hat is adorable, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG about Matt's ring, holy cow - I'm so glad the story ended well! I laughed about the rocks at Ag Barn, at Ren Fest ALL Jacob wanted to do was dig in the dirt with a stick - aren't kids a hoot?

    ReplyDelete