29 weeks, 5 days
How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
How far along: 30 weeks
Pregnancy symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, heartburn, back pain, feet pain
Food Cravings: milkshakes, ice
Sleep: I’m very tired but sleeping well. I don’t nap well, but I can usually get a little rest during the day. I’m having trouble making myself go to bed at night; I keep wanting to get stuff done!
Measurement: 43 inches
Movement: lots
Labor signs: nothing really, which is good!
What I miss: not being so hot all the time
What I’m looking forward to: going to my doctor’s appointment this week alone :)
Milestone: 30 weeks is pretty far along! That’s 3/4s of the way to my due date
Thoughts from the Girls: It is so sweet to see them give the baby brother a hug through my belly! Joanna has also gotten more interested in trying to feel the baby when he moves
Doctor’s visit: my 30 week appointment is Thursday. She didn’t have anything before then.
Baby-related projects: (I still have lots of time for all these, but they’re in my head.)
- either move Natalie to the toddler bed or borrow a second crib – no hurry on this one; it’s just something to do eventually
- I’m thinking I’ll plan to have “the bag” packed at 36 weeks
- Around that same time I will print a “call list” of people who can come get/watch the girls when it’s time. My previous deliveries haven’t afforded me much wait time between the onset of labor and birth, so the first person who answers get Joanna/Natalie duty! (Hopefully this labor will be smooth like the others!)
- Purchase/assemble/organize the newborn cloth diaper supplies.
- Possibly have the house deep cleaned at the beginning of October.
- Pick up some easy snacks/meals for me for when my hands are full.
- Get some meals in the freezer: casseroles, soups, browned meat, cooked chicken, etc.
- Get ahead on the bread making.
- Pick out/make a teeny tiny Halloween costume for Little Man. :)
- Organize the girls’ snacks and drinks so Joanna can help get them. (Teach her to use the water dispenser on the fridge, move the crackers and Cheerios down low, make a space in the fridge for easy snacks for them.) I’m thinking it’s possible she’ll be very helpful in getting snacks for herself and her sister… or we’ll scrap that idea when she makes a big ‘ol mess. :) I remember everyone was always hungry or needed something when I sat down to nurse last time I had a newborn. :)
- Read my birth books again.
- Replace the faucet in the bathroom so Joanna can turn it on herself.
- Install the diaper sprayer, which should be here tomorrow!
Wow, that was a long list, but it felt good to ramble it all out!
Here are the rest of the “maternity” shots from our visit to Portrait Innovations on Saturday:
No comments:
Post a Comment