Monday, August 23, 2010

32 Weeks

DSCN0194  

32 Weeks 1 Day

How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

How far along: 32 weeks

Pregnancy symptoms: Braxton Hicks, back pain, some moodiness :)

Food Cravings: popcorn, ice to chew, gummy worms, shakes, apples

Sleep: still pretty good, but I am having trouble falling asleep or back to sleep

Measurement: 43.5 inches around; 188lbs

Movement: lots, although I was thinking today I feel Braxton Hicks contractions more than I feel him moving around. 

Labor signs: not so much

What I miss: falling easily to sleep

What I’m looking forward to: baby shower this weekend, shopping Baby Daze, getting the newborn diaper supplies ordered and ready (do you see the theme of these things?)

Milestone: ummmmm… not so much

Thoughts from the Girls: I can’t think of anything just now.  I’m so excited to see both big sisters in action (in a few weeks, of course!) 

Doctor’s visit: I had my 32 week visit this morning, and I got to go by myself!!  Mom came over and watched the girls since she didn’t have to work until the afternoon.  All things look good.  It was a routine visit with no excitement.

Baby-related projects: (I still have lots of time for all these, but they’re in my head.)

  • I’m pondering making Natalie go “cold turkey” from her crib sometime in the next week.  I think I will move out the crib and put her toddler bed in the corner against the wall.  I know she’ll do fine, and not having the crib in there to fall back on will make us try harder.
  • I’m thinking I’ll plan to have “the bag” packed at 36 weeks
  • Around that same time I will print a “call list” of people who can come get/watch the girls when it’s time.  My previous deliveries haven’t afforded me much wait time between the onset of labor and birth, so the first person who answers get Joanna/Natalie duty!  (Hopefully this labor will be smooth like the others!)
  • Purchase/assemble/organize the newborn cloth diaper supplies.
  • Possibly have the house deep cleaned at the beginning of October.
  • Pick up some easy snacks/meals for me for when my hands are full.
  • Get some meals in the freezer: casseroles, soups, browned meat, cooked chicken, etc.
  • Get ahead on the bread making.
  • Pick out/make a teeny tiny Halloween costume for Little Man. :)
  • Organize the girls’ snacks and drinks so Joanna can help get them.  (Teach her to use the water dispenser on the fridge, move the crackers and Cheerios down low, make a space in the fridge for easy snacks for them.)  I’m thinking it’s possible she’ll be very helpful in getting snacks for herself and her sister… or we’ll scrap that idea when she makes a big ‘ol mess. :)  I remember everyone was always hungry or needed something when I sat down to nurse last time I had a newborn. :)
  • Read my birth books again.  **started this!
  • Replace the faucet in the bathroom so Joanna can turn it on herself.  **the faucets have been purchased, but not installed yet

No comments:

Post a Comment