Public school heads back tomorrow, so today was Promotion Sunday at church.
Taking pictures of my cute girls is hard work! This was the best one I got (in their new matchy dresses from Gran!).
The one above was the last one – here are the others:
Natalie’s not paying attention yet.
Still not paying attention.
Cute smile (wrong direction) on Natalie, but Joanna’s moving.
Poor Joanna; I forgot a clip of any kind this morning. And I think Natalie is looking at Miss Mimi, one of her teachers last year. She loves Miss Mimi, but I think she was a little worried it was time for school. She has a very serious face on.
Joanna is now in the three year old class with all her good buddies. There were some wonderful (wonderful) ladies in there teaching today. I don’t know if they’ll be the regular teachers every week or what, but I really love when there are “seasoned” women/mothers/grandmothers in my girls’ rooms. Don’t get me wrong, they’ve had some wonderful young women (and the occasional man!) teachers, but there’s just something about real grown-ups loving on my babies. Joanna was so excited for a new class! She seemed to have fun too. Could have been the fruit roll-ups and juice boxes for snack (what?!).
Natalie actually promoted to a new class too! The nursery consists of three rooms: crib room (non walking babies), young toddlers, and older toddlers. All the older toddlers (I think) promoted this week because all kiddos who will be two by Sept. 1 go to two year old Sunday School. Joanna never promoted to the older toddler room. Partly because of the demographic of that particular group and partly because she was a late walker, I think. She went straight from the middle room to the two year old Sunday School. Natalie will get to spend the whole year in this third room. How fun! They told me today that she and her buddy Logan played together by pushing a train back and forth between them.
I sure do love my big girls! I’m really glad I’m pregnant though. Otherwise I’d be very sad with all this growing up!
We also decided to go to the Impact service today. Joanna actually kind of threw a fit about it. When we’d been sitting there a few minutes she said, “I want to go to church now.” Um, oops. Guess it’s been awhile since we’d been to that service! I love that so many of our friends attend that service and that noise is expected and welcome, but I really miss the Sanctuary service when we don’t go. So does Joanna, it seems! Hymns and liturgy are really more my style of worship. I’m glad we “visited” today though. I think we’ll need to do that more often.
I love their sweet dresses!
ReplyDelete