Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Maybe TMI

So Joanna is very interested in this whole baby/birth thing. She asks lots of questions. Smart questions. I can tell she's thinking a lot about it.
Yesterday she was looking at my belly and said something like "There's going to be a hole when Baby Brother comes out."
This led to a discussion (sort of) about how it actually happens (with me trying to just use language Joanna already had).
We'll need to do a bit of a revision conversation after I do some reading or at least thinking. :)
For now Joanna thinks the baby brother will come out my bottom. (We pretty much call that whole area down there the bottom so that really is basically true.)
You should have seen her face when I told her that. She chuckled.

I want to give her enough information without giving her too much. I don't want her to worry about any of it, but I don't want it to seem like a mysterious/strange thing. This is life. If she's asking the questions, I guess she's ready for some answers.

2 comments:

  1. LOL, oh yeah those are fun questions. I think I used the word "passageway" when Jacob asked. He is enough into building roads and that this made sense to him. Thankfully that seemed to satisfy him (for now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your whole theory of, "If she asks, she's ready." Kind of like the "don't ask, don't tell" policy... Anyhow, my mom used that with my brother and I and I think I turned out alright...then again some might disagree?? LOL

    I just LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete