Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baby Shower!

P8293117 

I have such a wonderful group of girlfriends who threw me and Little Man a shower today.  Yay for babies!  I had Matt snap this picture before I left the house:

P8293100

It was at my friend Lisa’s house, which is thankfully close-by since I was running behind a little!

Take a look at all the work these ladies did:

They know I LOVE a cookie cake!

P8293101

So many sweets and yummy treats!

P8293104

P8293111

There were Little Engine That Could books scattered around as part of the decorations:

P8293106

And this one doubled as a guest book for everyone to sign in!

P8293145

Lisa told me they thought about trying to do a diaper cake out of cloth diapers, but didn’t.  I think that would have been quite an undertaking!  I’m sure we’ll use our share of Swaddlers, as well!

You know, I’ve been pregnant three times and this is the only diaper cake I’ve ever been given.  THANK YOU!!

 P8293138 

Some wonderful presents!

P8293114 P8293115 P8293119 P8293121

Joanna got to come, too.  Doesn’t she just look like a supermodel or something here?  She is so GORGEOUS!

P8293122 P8293123

A couple of other friends were there too!  That’s Joanna’s cousin Jade on the left and her friend Bailey on the right.  They played so sweetly!  At least I think they did; Lisa’ll have to let me know if they wrecked anything in the other room!

P8293124

I thought this picture was fun because it looks like the jammies are glowing. :)  (Have I mentioned I think my camera is slowly dying?)

P8293125

Nana and Popo sent a gift to Lisa’s house even though they couldn’t be there!

P8293126 P8293128 P8293130 P8293132 P8293133

The baby brother got so so many cute things, which I know you will all enjoy seeing IN USE pretty soon!

P8293135

Tiny cloth diaper covers are JUST TOO CUTE!

P8293137

Me and my sweet big girl.  I had actually waffled back and forth between bringing Joanna and not.  I had decided it might be easier just not to, but when there were a couple of other kiddos there, I had Matt bring her over.  Oh, poor Miss Natalie cried when he dropped her sis off!  They went home and had much needed naps though, which was good!

P8293142

Here are most of the shower hostesses:

P8293140

My sweet friend Amanda was again unable to actually be there for the shower (she missed Natalie’s too!).  But I’m trying not to take it personally.  :)  She actually had to move (at the last minute!) today.  Boy, some people will do anything to get out of coming to my baby shower.  :)

Back at home, I took a picture of the goodies after Matt brought them in from the car:

P8293144

I had so much fun going through everything, sorting it, taking tags off, and getting stuff ready to wash.  I CANNOT wait to see some teeny tiny boy clothes hanging on the clothesline!

I really wanted to try on the new Ergo carrier, but the belly is very prohibitive for that.  So I made Matt try it on. :)

Natalie snuggled right in as soon as she was strapped on.

P8293149

She did NOT want to get out, but I made her so Joanna could have a turn.  This time, on Matt’s back.

P8293152

She enjoyed it too!

This thing is rated up to 40lbs, and you can wear the baby on your front, side, or back.  The side carry was kind of confusing to my tired preggo self, and the girls really needed to get to bed, so we’ll try again another time!

I had so much fun spending time with family and friends today.  I am just so blessed with wonderful people in my life.  Thank you all for supporting me and being so generous.  I love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Aw how fun!! I'm pretty sure we have that same red/navy striped sleeper from Sam! Love the train theme!

    ReplyDelete