Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Today

On Sunday Natalie got a little bruise on her head from the floor, I think.  Yesterday evening she got a pretty good goose egg on the other side of her forehead, also from the floor, I think.  And this morning she woke up with some redness under her eye.  Man I’m glad we took family pictures on Saturday!

She also woke up with a little fever and very slight congestion this morning so she was pretty grumpy today.

I was trying to take a picture of her owies here, but it wasn’t working out.  Isn’t she gorgeous, even so?

P8102981

In this picture you can see her bump on her forehead and the red spot under her eye.

P8102984

I don’t know what the sickness is about.  Hopefully it’s just a little bug she fighting and not something that will turn into an ear infection or something grody.  Amazingly, my girls have been healthy all summer long.  It’s been really nice!  It’s not like they’ve had school to miss, though.  I took Natalie with me to my worship planning meeting today and let Joanna go play with Miss Lisa and her crew.  Natalie was such a doll!  She colored, ate snacks, and walked around a little bit in the office.  I was so proud of her!  Normally I would go up to the church tomorrow (Wednesday) morning and use the nursery time to work, but I will skip it this week with the mystery fever.  Fortunately my mom is off on Thursday, so I can catch up then.  Yay for Gran!!  (By the way, if any of you used to read my mom’s blog, she has started up again!  She got a new camera for her birthday and I think is inspired to record more of her travels.) 

It’s been a strange week for us with THREE mornings in a row at home!  I must admit I’ve loved it.  We had our usual Monday off, then the meeting wasn’t until 1:00 today, and we’re skipping work at church tomorrow.  I will need to get some computer work done here at home, but I can do it in-between hanging laundry and washing dishes!

Tonight was enchilada night.  Ahhhhhhh…

Here’s my sweet Joanna at Grandma’s house:

P8102986

Uncle Andy brought his new puppy Miley over, and the girls were in love!

P8102987

Here Natalie is mid-word, telling me about Miley’s nose.

P8102988  

This dog is super-sweet and gentle around the girls.

P8102992 P8102993 P8102994

Joanna enjoyed her, but Natalie especially just LOVED her.

P8102995

Joanna’s favorite thing was walking Miley around on the leash.

P8102998

Rivaling the dog were the ice cream cones.

P8102989

It is safe to say both of my children love a good vanilla ice cream cone.  And Grandma always delivers!

P8102990

I’m sorry, when did Joanna turn 14?

P8102996

She’s perusing the Halloween costume catalogue.  :)

P8102997 

About the time we needed to be heading home, Joanna grabbed a little throw and curled up in Andy’s lap.  Then Natalie come over, dropped her toy, and put both arms up to join them.  I think they’d have stayed there for a long time!

P8102999

Other exciting things from today (and yes, this will prove once and for all that I thrive on simple pleasures):

-My diaper sprayer came in from Amazon and Matt installed it this evening!  We haven’t done anything but spray water into the toilet yet, but I’m very excited for Natalie to have a dirty diaper in a prefold tomorrow.  :)  After I clean my bathroom, I’ll take some pictures of it in action.  As if you care.

-I told Natalie I’d give her $100 if she stayed awake the whole way home from the church at 2:00 today.  I owe her.  I wonder if she’ll accept payment over time in french fries?

-Though this is contrary to my new cloth diaper plan, I ordered some disposables today.  As much as I’d love to, it’s just not possible for me to use cloth diapers 100% of the time.  Actually, it is possible for me to use them all the time, but I’m not always taking care of my kids.  I will be sending disposable diapers to school in the fall, as well as nursery or when a friend is watching the kids.  This summer that has meant we’re only using a few disposables each week.  Love that!  That will increase in the fall with school, but we’ll still be saving a little chunk of room in the ‘ol landfill.  Anyway, on to my reason for buying diapers today.  For a while, Amazon has had a great deal on diapers.  Also, there are coupons available on their site as well as 20% off coupons in the August and September Parenting and Parents magazines.  I used one coupon last month and bought a little box of newborn Swaddlers.  I couldn’t help myself.  :)  Then I was resisting buying any more simply because I want to use cloth as much as possible.  Then today I read that the 20% coupons could be STACKED!  I get both magazines (except I think one subscription ran out in August) so I had two coupons left to use.  I bought a huge box of size 3 Pampers Baby Dry for $10.79 shipped.  That’s 204 diapers at about 5.3 cents per diaper.  I just could not pass it up.  Even if we don’t end up using them all (hopefully!), that’s a great price for passing them along to someone else.  If you’re interested in this deal, check out this post from Money Saving Mom or this post from Baby Cheapskate, two of my favorite sites.

Lots of rambles today!  I have pics from last night’s Astros game to post, but it will have to wait until tomorrow.  I need to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment