Friday, August 27, 2010

It’s the little things

Wednesday morning the girls and I worked in the nursery for a little while, then headed home.  I decided on the spur of the moment to see if I could get Joanna in for a trim with Miss Stacey.  We ended up having to wait for a little while, but the girls had fun!

They had this fan oscillating, and both Joanna and Natalie LOVED letting it blow them in the face.

P8253071

Look at the joy on this face!  (We are NOT summer girls – we like our wind and our winter.)

P8253072

Here’s my best attempt at some “before” shots.  She really didn’t need much, just a little trim to the scraggely stuff in the back.

P8253073

We’re letting her bangs grow.

P8253074

I didn’t get an after, but there wasn’t much of a difference; it just looks cleaner.  There are some pics coming where you’ll be able to see what her hair looks like now.

Tonight we went up to the church for “Coffee House.”  This was the first event like this (we hope there’ll be more!) and we wanted to check it out.

Natalie found a bow in my hair and wore it long enough for a picture. :)

P8273075

I didn’t want to flash while the people were singing/playing so that’s why this is blurry.  Natalie was very into the music.

P8273076

Both girls were actually.

P8273079

Later our friend Abby came, and Joanna and Abby had a great time playing together.  I just LOVE three year olds – they’re hilarious!

P8273081

After a while listening to music got a little dull (and I wouldn’t let them eat any more cake!) so the girls had fun racing in the hallway.

Natalie has a very cute little run developing.

P8273083

She definitely couldn’t keep up with the big girls.

P8273084

Action shot!

P8273085

We had a good time: ate cake, drank coffee (well, only Matt did this), listened to music, and visited with friends.  Not bad for a Friday night!  We left at 8:00 and had everybody down around 9:00.  The girls were up early so I’m really hoping they’ll sleep in tomorrow.  I won’t hold my breath though.

No comments:

Post a Comment