Monday, September 6, 2010

34 Weeks

P9063192

34 Weeks: This is a terrible picture exposure-wise, but there was this handy nail on my front door for hanging the camera on to take a timed picture.  Maybe I’ll have Matt help me get a better one later.

How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.

How far along: 34 weeks

Pregnancy symptoms: Braxton Hicks, heartburn, back pain

Food Cravings: ice

Sleep: not so good last night, but pretty good the few nights before

Measurement: 44 inches around the belly

Movement: I feel him moving around regularly, and sometimes he really gets me! 

Labor signs: not so much, which is good!

What I miss: being cool (temperature-wise)

What I’m looking forward to: I was thinking today that I’m so excited for the girls to meet their brother… in a few weeks. 

Milestone: I was given lots of newborn and 0-3 month clothes, and I got them put away – so exciting!  Oh, and Natalie’s officially out of the crib – big girl!

Thoughts from the Girls: Joanna can actually tell you my due date; it’s very cute to hear her say “Octover 18th.”  Natalie is very into lifting up my shirt to check on the baby.  I think even though she doesn’t know much what’s happening, she is starting to get excited! 

Doctor’s visit: since today is Labor Day, I’ll have my 34 week appointment on Wednesday.

Baby-related projects: (I still have lots of time for all these, but they’re in my head.)

  • Natalie’s out of the crib and the crib bedding is done and waiting for the little man!
  • I’m thinking I’ll plan to have “the bag” packed at 36 weeks
  • Around that same time I will print a “call list” of people who can come get/watch the girls when it’s time.  My previous deliveries haven’t afforded me much wait time between the onset of labor and birth, so the first person who answers get Joanna/Natalie duty!  (Hopefully this labor will be smooth like the others!)
  • Purchase/assemble/organize the newborn cloth diaper supplies.  **purchased, just waiting for them to come in!
  • Possibly have the house deep cleaned at the beginning of October.  **thinking now I will try to just stay on top of it myself.  Hopefully with the girls in school two days, I will have a couple of hours on one of those days when I’m finished with work and can putz around the house. 
  • Get some meals in the freezer: casseroles, soups, browned meat, cooked chicken, etc.  **I also need to clean out the freezers.
  • Get ahead on the bread making.
  • Organize the girls’ snacks and drinks so Joanna can help get them.  (Teach her to use the water dispenser on the fridge, move the crackers and Cheerios down low, make a space in the fridge for easy snacks for them.)  I’m thinking it’s possible she’ll be very helpful in getting snacks for herself and her sister… or we’ll scrap that idea when she makes a big ‘ol mess. :)  I remember everyone was always hungry or needed something when I sat down to nurse last time I had a newborn. :)  **Joanna can (and loves to) get her own water from the fridge.  Yay!
  • Read my birth books again.  **started this!
  • Sell stuff at Baby Daze and KYS.  Whatever doesn’t sell by the end of the month gets donated or tossed so I can clear out my bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment