For the first three or so months of his life, Baby Brother will not be naked. Nor may he even need to wear the same thing twice. :)
These boxes the girls are drumming on are full of Newborn and 0-3 month clothes. I have a wonderful friend with THREE boys who passed along these clothes for the little man!
Natalie started going through them right away!
I was feeling pretty emotional as I sorted through all these baby clothes. Here’s the first one that made me tear up a little:
I started thinking about how he’ll be with us for Christmas, and the little romper was so soft I lay my head down on it.
Then this simple onesie made me stop as well. I petted it for awhile; I’m not sure why.
Then I found a bunch of newborn gowns (which I am WILD about!), and they made me feel so excited about seeing him sleeping in his bed and changing his diaper during the night (not a lot though).
I don’t wish he would come early or anything, but I am really really excited about meeting this new member of our family. I think my pregnancy ticker says “46 days left. That is just not very long. Now we all know it could be a little longer (or shorter maybe!), but it won’t be long before we’ll start buying perishables that expire on his due date!
OK, I guess it would be completely different for me if I was getting out and going through little tiny girl clothes. I'd probably be posting this emotional crap. But while I think most of the clothes I have for Tim are cute, I'm not like crazy excited about them or anything. Kind of sad for me, I guess... I'm excited to meet him and discover his little personality, but having "done" the boy thing twice before, the clothing/towels/etc. just aren't pulling any emotional strings for me. I did get pretty excited when I redid the nursery (same stuff, but rearranged and w/ wall decals up), but that's about it for me. I feel a little sad about not being all excited and emotional and stuff, esp. when I read your posts about being so excited about boy nightgowns. Again, don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for him to get here so I can meet and enjoy him, but the prep for me this time is not a super cool excitement thing. I'm kind of excited about the cloth diapers in cute colors, though...
ReplyDeleteI forgot to say, I'm so happy to hear all your excitement about your little boy!! It's fun to see the newness of boy things through your eyes!
ReplyDelete