Monday, September 13, 2010

35 Weeks

P9123278 P9123279

34 weeks, 6 days: The choir robe is pretty good maternity wear, don’t you think?

How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

How far along: 35 weeks

Pregnancy symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, heartburn, back pain, being hot

Food Cravings: ice, shakes, fruit

Sleep: it’s been pretty good.  Sadly, I think my carpal tunnel syndrome is trying to come back and that’s not going to help!

Measurement: ?? inches around the belly

Movement: still constant; sometimes he really beans me in the side or the bladder, but mostly is not too uncomfortable yet

Labor signs: really not so much.  Sometimes the Braxton Hicks are pretty strong, but they’re not anything yet to make me head to the hospital.  And that’s good, because I don’t think he’s done cooking yet.  And I have my heart set on an October birthday.  :)

What I miss: being cool (temperature-wise), bending over comfortably, painting my toenails, jeans

What I’m looking forward to: I think I’ll get checked at my next appointment (next Monday), and I’m excited to find out if my cervix is up to anything yet. 

Milestone: Baby Brother’s newborn cloth diapers (hopefully all we should need until he grows a bunch) came in last week, and everything’s been washed and put away.  LOVE IT!!

Thoughts from the Girls: Natalie is so cute when she lifts up my shirt so she can give my belly a good hug.  I wonder what she’s thinking.  :) 

Doctor’s visit: this is my last week of no doctor’s visit.  Whoa.

Baby-related projects:

  • Pack a basic hospital bag next week. 
  • Assemble a call list of people who can either (or both) drive me to the hospital if Matt’s at work and watch the girls.
  • Clean the house – really clean it, and keep it clean.
  • Get some meals in the freezer: casseroles, soups, browned meat, cooked chicken, etc.
  • Get ahead on the bread making. **Matt’s been doing this the last couple of days – sooooo excited!!
  • Read my birth books again.  **started this!
  • Sell stuff at Baby Daze and KYS.  Planning to clear out the bedroom of stuff this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You know I'm available to do either!!!

    I was thinking about you guys yesterday and started trying to "guess" what Baby Brother's name will be. I just don't know...but I can't wait to find out!!!

    ReplyDelete