Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meet and Greet

Sadly I took no pictures today so this is a text-only post.  Oh well.

We headed up to the church today to meet the girls’ new teachers and see their classrooms.  First stop was Miss Patti and Miss Shawna, Joanna’s new teachers.  The girls just played and played and played in there!  Most of the other kiddos will be new friends for Joanna, although at least a couple have been in her class before.  Best Buddy Anna will be in school with her, of course!  I can’t send any nuts to school, but that’s not really an issue for us, thankfully.  Joanna has never liked peanut butter, and I’ll just pay attention to the other things I send for snack and lunch.  Joanna’s a pretty nut-free girl just by coincidence.  She’s supposed to bring a water bottle everyday, so we’re going to get a thermos one just for her that’s insulated; she’s excited about picking it out.  For now, she’ll use Miss Natalie’s straw cup.  This is her first year as an official preschooler – I’m so excited!  She finally doesn’t have to take a nap, which is wonderful since it’s been about a year and half since she’s taken a nap at school anyway!  This way she’ll have fun activities the whole day, instead of having to be still and quiet for an hour and a half!

We stopped in to Natalie’s class next, with Miss Anne and Miss Joan.  Joanna had them a couple of years ago, and I love them!  They feed the kids snack everyday so I don’t have to pack one (yay!), and they keep cups for the kiddos to fill with water everyday.  Man, those little things take a lot of work out of my morning!  Now I just have to think of a snack each day for Joanna.  I can’t send peanut butter for Natalie, and that does make me sad!  However, I bought some sunflower seed spread this week, and Natalie likes it with her jam just fine.  It’s more expensive, but she’ll be the only one eating it – should last awhile.  I’m very excited to say that Miss Anne and Miss Joan said they’d try the cloth diapers for Natalie!  I brought one of the pocket ones to show them, and they didn’t seem to scared.  All I could hope for is that they’ll try it out!  Obviously if it makes their day miserable, I don’t want that!

I am so excited for school to start for the girls.  I’m just sure they will both enjoy it so much.  As will I, of course!  My hope is that they’ll be able to stay healthy most of the time.  They just haven’t been sick at all this summer, and it’s been lovely.  Although they also haven’t had any school to miss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment