Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dentist, cleaning, food, and fashion

Matt had a dentist appointment Thursday afternoon for some repair work, and I decided to wander up there with the girls.  They were crabby; I was tired.  :)  There was a few minutes that we got to go in and say hi.  Matt had cotton rolls in between his lips and gums so he declined to be photographed.  :)

P9163321

The girls each got a cotton roll and a glove.  What treasures!

P9163322

I’m thinking this is the next day down at the ol’ child labor camp.

P9173324

Sweeping is very fun!

P9173326

My mom took us to the Potato Patch for lunch on Friday.  What a treat!  Fortunately we’ve been there before and know how wonderful it usually is because we had terrible service on Friday.  Our server was brand spankin’ new to the profession of service.  Ick.  And the guy throwing the rolls was really bad at it, and he never came over to section.  The food was good though (of course, our server left it sitting under the lamps for quite a little while…).  So I’m considering it a fluke day, and we’ll go again! 

P9173327 P9173332

The girls were kind of in a zone when I was taking these pictures.  It’s like they wanted to smile but just couldn’t.  My mom also took a couple inside with her camera that I forgot to steal.  Oh, well.

P9173333

Gran and her girls!

P9173334

Sadly Natalie fell asleep on the way home and that was her whole nap for the day.  Ew.

That evening I got to go shop Baby Daze!  My wonderful hubby had volunteered (with rave reviews, by the way) on Tuesday so I could shop the presale.

My tastes have definitely gotten more specific in the few years I’ve been a mom (and we already have a ton of stuff!).  My main goals were to get the girls a few things to wear this fall/winter.  I really like them wearing dresses, so that was the goal.  I also wanted to look for shoes, maybe warm jammies, a little backpack for Natalie, maybe accessories for the play kitchen, and anything else we just couldn’t live without.  :)  Hee hee.  I did okay on the dresses.  I found each girl a long sleeved knit dress, each girl a cord or denim jumper dress, each girl a short-sleeved denim dress, and Natalie a brown sleeveless knit dress that I’ll layer under.  Nothing really matches, but their stuff does kind of go together.  I also got Natalie a night gown and Joanna a layering shirt and a couple of pair of knit pants to use as PJ bottoms.  They each have a couple or a few things in their drawers right now that can be layered with a shirt and tights to make a more fall or wintery outfit.  I’m looking forward to the cool weather!  I glanced through the 0-6 month boy stuff, thinking I might find a warm 3-6 month outfit or two, but I saw a 0-3 month train outfit I simply could not leave behind, even though he needs that size like I need a hole in the head.  You can see it in the picture.  (The outfit, not the hole in my head.)  It looks like it’s got some room in it, so I think he’ll be able to wear it when it’s cold.  We’ll definitely take pics in it!  I pretty much struck out on shoes; nothing was the right size that we needed.  Fortunately we don’t need much, I’ll pick up some church shoes when it gets colder.  However, I did find some rain boots for Joanna that I knew she would love.  And she does; she’s worn them most of the day!

My haul, although you can’t really see everything.  Total spent: $34.

P9173335

Joanna in her boots:

P9183336

The lighting is better in this next picture, but her face isn’t as cute so I posted them both.  :)

P9183338

Natalie got in on the boot action this evening.  I may be in trouble that there weren’t any boots in her size.  :)

P9183339 

I just love shopping Baby Daze.  It makes me feel so frugal and green, and it’s fun!  Although my back was definitely doing that clenching thing when I got all finished.  Ouch!  I really should just sit on the couch till the baby comes, don’t you think?  Ha!  Although I think I’m really going to have a pedicure in the next couple of days.  I simply cannot reach my feet!  Yay for some pampering to look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Not to enable you or anything but Old Navy has girl's boots right now, they are sooooo cute. I looked and put them back, and picked them up, and put them back, and thought about the little red and black kilt that Bella got from Scotland, and picked them up and then put them back. Stupid Dave Ramsey! :0

    ReplyDelete