Today James was up before six but then went back down – wahoo! I had to wake him up at 8:30 so we could leave! I made the kiddos sit quickly on the driveway for a picture in their green though. I didn’t get a cute one of all of them, but I’m posting what I got because they’re funny. :)
I don’t know what’s up with James’ face here, but I kinda like it. Joanna’s rockin’ the fake smile.
Fake smile has move toward a grimace; Natalie is at least making an attempt here; James is perplexed by something on the ground.
James is happy; Joanna is pensive; Natalie’s investigating. I think this one’s the best of the three. :)
Joanna’s shirt is a youth small so it’s huge on her. I tied the side with a ponytail (Hey 80’s!!) – look closely and you’ll see it on her right.
Because I grabbed him out of his bed this morning, James hadn’t had his second breakfast so I opted to keep him with me for a bit this morning to sneak in some milk when we had the chance. I figured he’d enjoy the music anyway!
Joanna and I were matching today! Isn’t she just so gorgeous?!!
Another very fun day at VBS! I planned on doing some easy things for lunches this week because walking into the house at 12:30 with 3 or 4 grumpy/hungry/needy children is rough! For Monday I made the lunches the night before. Today I had Matt pick up a box of mac & cheese when he went to the store last night. I try not to keep it in the house anymore, but we all love it, and it can be prepared easily one-handed. :) Tomorrow we’re going to Café Gran for lunch and I’ll probably do fast food on Thursday (something to look forward to!), then we’ll be back to sandwich-y stuff on Friday. It was good for me to plan on diversity and easy stuff this week.
Anyway, so today I was “cooking” the mac & cheese and Joanna comes in and says she’s changed her mind and doesn’t want it. What?! (It’s like her favorite food!) She says she wants vegetables instead! Ha! For the preschoolers this week at VBS I know one thing they’re focusing on is eating good food to keep their bodies healthy for God. LOVE HER! So she got some veggies with her mac & cheese. :)
The little ones and I took goooood naps this afternoon while Joanna played quietly in the playroom. We were tuckered!! I slept so deeply with vivid dreams. I drifted in and out of sleep in the beginning I think, but then I slipped into a very deep sleep – oh I needed it. Joanna told me later that she came out to tell me James was awake but she saw I was crashed so she went back into the playroom. I’m pretty sure that helped me to wake up though – I’m not sure James was going to be able to do it himself. :) Normally I cannot sleep like that during the day!
Love that your getting pics each morning. Both my girls are dressed appropriately, too, but we're always rushing. It IS so fun doing the dances in the gym, tho, isn't it? It just makes me laugh and smile the whole time!
ReplyDeleteOH, and the pics of your kids are super cute--as always :)
ReplyDeletewe are too rushed too! anna wanted a ponytail on her shirt yesterday after vbs too. and this morning, but she changed mind later. :)
ReplyDelete