Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Joanna’s School Party

Joanna’s class Christmas party was Friday, and I got to go!  That was a busy morning.  I headed up to the church at 9 to drop Joanna off at school, then headed over with my other ones to Amy Creamer’s farewell breakfast (waaaahhhh!).  It was so cute – Rev. Patrick was there, and he came and scooped up (a very willing) Natalie and sat with her while she ate some breakfast.  I think Kimberly snapped a picture for me, and if so, I’ll add it to this post at some point.  It was so sweet!

After the breakfast I dropped my two (and Ray who’d joined us) off in a nursery just for them!  Sola Gratia was singing for the Christmas in the Light service.  Sometime in there somewhere my extremely wonderful mother picked up the three in the nursery and took them back to my house, mainly so James could have a (long!) nap.  After the service I was then able to go to Joanna’s party by myself since it was not enough time to go home and come back before I needed to pick her up from school. 

I took pictures with my iPod, so they’re pretty grainy.  I like ‘em though!

Showing me her necklace she made:

IMG_0020

With her Santa graham cracker:

IMG_0023

Best bud Anna:

IMG_0025

With another great bud Kaydee:

IMG_0026

Somebody name this face for me:

IMG_0027

They played a Rudolf relay thing.  I’m not sure the four year olds totally got it, but I did learn that you can stick construction paper to your nose with just a dab of Vaseline!

IMG_0031

Anna must be ready to run a sprint:

IMG_0033

Hey Candice – I see you back there with your fancy camera.  Did you get any good shots of Joanna?  :)

IMG_0034

Joanna walked on all fours, no knees for her!

IMG_0037

I don’t know exactly why, but I love her face here.  I think maybe she looks kind of grown up.

IMG_0040

Working hard to decorate her gingerbread girl:

IMG_0042

Scraping to decorate her ornament – pretty!

IMG_0045

Awwww…

IMG_0046

I love that Joanna has a best bud.

IMG_0047

It was a fun party for the kids and very cute to watch.  Baby Jesus was notably absent in the games, songs, and crafts though.  I know I shouldn’t complain about things I didn’t plan, execute, or even help with, but I’m just sayin’. 

No comments:

Post a Comment