As I write this, the internet is out and has been all day. :( It seems as though the modem has finally bit the dust. It’s five years old; I guess that’s old for a modem. Who knows.
All the posts I do today will likely post at the same time… whenever the internet gets up and running again. Or when I drive to Starbucks and sit in the parking lot. :)
Mom and I left the house at 6am on Tuesday. Boo! James was quite the trooper even though we woke him up. Sadly we didn’t make the 7:30 flight, so in hindsight we could have slept in. :) We made the 9am flight with no trouble and had a very easy flight. James slept almost the whole way after nursing to sleep. Wahoo!!
We needed to rent a car, and we literally spent no less than AN HOUR in line at Advantage. There were like six or eight people in line (at the same time because we’d all just arrived on the same bus from the same flight) and only one girl working. She entered stuff into the computer, walked outside to choose a car, then came back in to finish the transaction. IT WAS AWFUL.
But then we were done and met Kathryn at the hotel. The Hilton where she works is wonderful and comp'd her our room kind of as a graduation present. It was a very nice suite! I just wish I could have spent a few days there (by myself.) :)
We checked in then headed to my dad’s house to visit. James took a nap there (and so did I!) When he got up Dad and Renee were sleeping so I entertained myself by taking pictures of James with Renee’s camera.
I may or may not have mentioned that I love that camera. :)
And it doesn’t hurt to have a cutie-pie subject!
We headed outside so James could play dare devil on the stairs.
Oh that booty!!
He fell a little.
Those lashes!
Love this one!
Such a James face!
My dad took this one later.
He also took some pictures of Kathryn and me, trying to recreate a picture of the two of us from 20 or so years ago. I had planned to put them up side-by-side on the blog, but I didn’t make it home with the pictures I took of the picture. Oops. So I’ll post those later when I get a chance to scan or take another picture of the old photo.
And I just tried to publish this even though I know good and well it isn’t going to work.
Yay! The new modem did the trick, and we’re in business again!
No comments:
Post a Comment