Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday and No Pictures

I didn’t take any pictures today, but there are a few things I wanted to jot down. 

We were planning to go to Lisa’s house this morning to play since our friend Kim was in from out of town with her family.  But poor Anna woke up sick this morning.  I offered to have the play date here since I knew everybody was planning on it.  And with the kids out of school, we need some distractions!  Fortunately my house wasn’t a complete disaster.  I really felt on Sunday like I needed to clean up, but didn’t know why.  It’s a very little thing in the grand scheme of things, but I’m thankful for that little nudge from God!

I didn’t take one single picture.  I don’t know what has come over me!  But we had a very fun time anyway.  I got to hold sweet baby Samuel, at least for a few seconds until he burst into tears!  He was hungry; at least that’s what I’m telling myself.  :)  The kids played really well together and we grown-ups got some time to chat and catch-up.  Yay!

After all of our friends left and the girls were in the other room so there were no witnesses besides me, James took a little step without holding on to anything!  He was standing at the coffee table and I was sitting on the couch.  He turned to come to me, and took one step after he let go of the table but before he grabbed my hand.  That boy LOVES to walk, and I think it may just be around the corner!

I was talking to Joanna about something and I mentioned that it would be medium.  Immediately out of Natalie I hear “medium Dr. Pepper easy ice that’s all.”  She is SO STINKING CUTE!  Clearly I need to cut back a bit on the Sonic runs.  Hee hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment