Monday, March 25, 2013

No Training Wheels!!

Joanna decided recently that she was ready to ride her bike without training wheels.  So on Saturday Matt took ‘em off!

IMG_2045

Big girl!

IMG_2046IMG_2049IMG_2054

Now, we’re are not exactly a super biking family.  Joanna doesn’t get a lot of practice riding and frankly, she isn’t very good at it yet (even with the training wheels).  She struggles with stopping and looking where she’s going and all of that.  But she sure was ready to try riding without the training wheels!

The first time he let go:

IMG_2055

And… wipe out!

IMG_2056

She really did great with getting right back up and giving it another go.

IMG_2057IMG_2059

There will be much photo bombing by James in this post.  LOVE it.

IMG_2063IMG_2070IMG_2073

IMG_2075

I parked myself in the cul-du-sac to watch.  This is one of those times when a zoom lens would have been veeeery handy.  I sure wasn’t getting up to chase the action; I was puny.  Consequently, a lot of these pics have been cropped.

I asked James to go pick up some sticks that were in the street and giving Joanna a little trouble.

IMG_2083

He did a very thorough job!

IMG_2085

He’s the best brother!

IMG_2086

Here she comes!

IMG_2087IMG_2088

She rode so far!!

IMG_2093

Cutest boy in the universe?  I think so!

IMG_2094

Natalie needed a little push, so I asked James to help her.  He went over and pushed the back of her seat and got her going!

IMG_2098

I was so proud of Joanna – she did so great on Saturday!

IMG_2100

She got pretty tired and was regretting the whole removal of training wheels thing at one point, but she made excellent progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment