Saturday, April 18, 2009

Almost nothing.

That's what I've done today -- almost nothing. I just looked at the clock and realized it was after 2:00! The day has flown by, and we've been sooooo lazy. We're doing a family thing after Natalie's baptism tomorrow (11:00 in the Sanctuary), so I do need to get to the store for some goodies. I keep waiting for a little break in the rain. I probably shouldn't hold my breath, right?
So far the weather has caused some other problems for us this weekend. Poor Kathryn spent like 9 hours at the airport in Oklahoma trying to get in on a buddy pass. The flights were full, but there was still a possibility she could make it on. Unfortunately bad weather in Houston and Dallas meant that the 1:00 flight was cancelled (at 2:30!) so we knew there was no way she'd make it in when all the regular passengers had to be reassigned. So she headed home and will hopefully be able to come for a weekend in May. :(
My dad and step-mom are driving south as we speak. Prayers for them! They called a couple of hours ago just south of Dallas. So far they'd had no major trouble, just spots of bad weather. I think the worst is yet to come for them!
My mom is currently sitting on an empty plane in McAllen, waiting to come back to Houston. We're hopeful that she'll not only make it in but be able to stay put once she gets here. She's supposed to have tomorrow off to attend Natalie's baptism.
So far our family has only encountered small difficulties, of which I am very thankful. We're all still safe, and we even have power! This storm is pretty nasty, and there are areas getting it much worse than us.

No comments:

Post a Comment