Thursday, April 9, 2009

Recent Stuff

We got home a few minutes ago from the Maundy Thursday service, and after doing a tiny amount of work on my house, I'm sitting down to blog. I'm in the blogging mood, I think. Before I get to the few pics I've got, let me say that I LOVE the nursery ladies at church. You know your child is loved and will be well taken care of when three grown women race each other to the door to get their hands on her! We all went to part of the service, then Joanna headed off to the nursery to play, then after a little chow, Natalie joined her. Poor Natalie -- it was past her bedtime for sure and she was so pitiful! The wonderful nursery ladies rocked her and held her anyway, even though she was a grump. I'm hoping both girls will still sleep well tonight, even though they're getting to bed late. I hope so, because we're planning to do the same thing tomorrow night!
The beginning of Holy Week: Palm Sunday
Joanna got to wave her palm branch and bring it to the front of the church. She was kind of sad that she had to leave it, though. Natalie just posed with hers... next year!
After church: Joanna loves to get a little bowl of chex mix if there's any left over after fellowship time.
I think this was later that day. We were all in the car, and Joanna got to talk to Mamma on Daddy's phone. Can't you just see her in about 10 years?
Okay, so at the grocery store, Kellogg's cereal was on sale and I had a coupon for it. We were going to get raisin bran, until I saw this:
At first glance, you think, "oh wow processed colorful sugar," but look... at the bottom... what's inside? Yup, that's right, a Star Trek beam up badge. Whoo hoo!!! I've never gotten a Star Trek toy in my cereal! We got the Klingon badge. Would've preferred Starfleet, myself, but what can you do? Maybe get another box... :)
The fruits of my labor this week:
A whole heck of a lot of bulletins.
So far, I've found one typo in the Maundy Thursday bulletin (missing space, not too bad) and one in the 11:00 Sunday bulletin (misspelled a word -- it actually looks okay, so we'll see who notices). Let me know if you find it. :)
We have a pretty busy (but fun!) weekend ahead of us. The line up: (honestly this is more for me than anyone else!)
Friday
10am: Joanna finally has a haircut appt with my long-time stylist at a real salon.
Maybe I'll also catch up on some housework.
7:30pm: Good Friday service at the church
Saturday
Happy Birthday to Daddy!
Also our friend Emma's first birthday party!!
Sunday
Easter Easter Easter all morning!
We're planning to go to the 8:30 service because it just may be my favorite moment of all year -- when they redress the chancel and Pam Tuley sings "Was it a Morning Like This?" Ah, gives me chills! I don't care if it's raining! I'll be sad later, though, because we're looking forward to putting flowers on the flower cross and taking pictures of the girls in their matching dresses!
Then that afternoon we get to spend time with family!
I love Easter time!

No comments:

Post a Comment