For whatever reason, the last few days have just been ROUGH! I'm actually sitting down now with two sleeping children in the other rooms, after a little nap myself with one of them. I feel better for the moment. Of course, I don't know what we're going to do for dinner, so there's some stress there. Oh well.
- Joanna's been quite a grouch lately. She's not sleeping enough -- I'm hoping this nap will have her headed back to normal.
- Natalie's got some congestion, maybe a little cold. She's hanging in there.
- For the first time EVER, I feel like the last couple of days of rain actually got me down. Normally, I LOVE stormy weather. Being a mom changes you.
- I have a terrible (maybe a slight exaggeration) infection in my toe due to an ingrown toenail. It's been troubling me for about a week and a half. I visited the minor emer. clinic yesterday since I still haven't gotten around to getting a real doctor for myself. Maybe this experience will urge me onward. Anyway, the PA I saw was nice enough and prescribed an antibiotic for the infection he diagnosed as staph. No swab, he just looked at it. Anyway, I'm paranoid about taking anything while I'm nursing, so I want to thoroughly investigate this drug before taking it. Well, the fax never shows up at my pharmacy (ever), and I'm only pretty sure I remember the name. The pharmacist encourages me not to take it (again, only partly sure I remember the name), but the nurse at the pediatrician's office says it's okay. I don't like getting two different answers. I called TWICE to the minor emer. clinic yesterday, hoping to get him to double check that the Rx was okay for nursing mommas (I think he just checked that it was okay for pregnant women before -- not always the same) and maybe prescribe something else that was definitely okay. No help and no call back. They suck. I just called again. "I'll call you back," they said. Yeah. I've heard that before.
- Anyway, so I'm tired and my toe really hurts and is very infected. I'm concerned about taking the antibiotic and I'm concerned about not taking the antibiotic. That is, if I ever get it.
Oh, I'm so sorry about your toe. That really stinks. I had an ingrown toenail a couple of years ago that kept bothering me, too. I finally went and got it cut out...the best thing I ever did. I've had NO problems ever again. It didn't even hurt...I'm wishing I'd had him do the other toe, too. My dad had them really bad, so I know I'm prone to them.
ReplyDeleteI thought about you during all that rain. I would have enjoyed it more if they had left my shows on to entertain me during the day rather the news that kept telling me "It's raining and flooding!"
Bless your heart...so glad Joanna slept for you! Hope your toe gets better...
ReplyDelete