This was taken Saturday by my professional photographer, Joanna. I may get another one today, but I wanted to go ahead and post, so this is the best there is!
How Your Baby’s Growing (from Babycenter.com):
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
How far along: 16 weeks
Pregnancy symptoms: a little back pain, frequent hunger
Food Cravings: Taco Bell, chocolate, ice water
Sleep: good! I just need to make myself go to bed earlier.
Measurement: 35.5 inches around the widest part; 156lbs
Movement: I do feel movements, but they’re not regular and they’re very slight. I can’t feel it on the outside yet, and I usually don’t even feel two movements in a row.
Labor signs: none
What I miss: not much… well maybe some of my clothes
What I’m looking forward to: the ultrasound, which I wrangled for 19 weeks – just three weeks away!
Milestone: ummm… I took two little girls with me to this doctor’s appointment. That’s pretty impressive, right? :)
Thoughts from the Girls: Joanna asked me today what the baby’s name was. I told her we didn’t know it’s name; we didn’t even know if it was a boy or a girl. Then she told me she thought it was a girl.
Doctor’s visit: Everything went well today! I took the girls with me, and they were sooooo good! The nurse actually used the word “great” to describe my weight gain, and I’m pretty sure that’s a first. :) We all heard the heartbeat on the Doppler – it was in the 160’s. I made my next appointment, which should be in 4 weeks, at 20 weeks. That particular day is Memorial Day and nobody’s there. The Thursday and Friday before (which was when I really wanted it) my doctor is off, so my choices if I wanted the ultrasound and appointment on the same day were Monday the 24th or Wednesday the 2nd. Guess which one I picked? :)
My only little tiny worry is that I will have trouble getting back in town before Monday. Natalie and I are planning to try and fly to Oklahoma on the Friday before. If the weekend flights look good, I’ll keep the Monday appointment. Otherwise I’ll cancel it before I leave town. The other option is to split the appointments, but I really don’t want to have to come back two days if I can avoid it. And I really like the idea of looking at our little baby in just three weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment