First let me say Happy Mother’s Day to all of our wonderful Mothers. We love you Grandma, Mamma, Nana, and Gran!
We started off our Sunday as usual, by heading to church! I worked in the nursery all morning (seems appropriate for Mother’s Day, right?) and the girls came up a little later with Matt for Sunday school and church.
I wanted to get some official “Mother’s Day” pictures of my girls and me so we stopped by the flower garden. I posted most of them because my kids are just funny.
This is not a good one of any of us, but just look at the girls’ faces! They’re both frowning and looking away. I guess they’d stopped having fun.
I tried to find past Mother’s Day pictures, but I guess I didn’t take one last year! :(
This was the best I could find: Mother’s Day 2009. Joanna was 2, Natalie was 4 months. That could very well be why I have no picture of all of us. :)
Mother’s Day 2008 – barely pregnant with Natalie:
Mother’s Day 2007, my first: Joanna was like 2 1/2 months old.
Back to this year! We went over to Mindy and Steve’s house after church for some fun, family, and fajitas!
I put a life vest on Natalie so she’d float just in case she went into the pool. I watched her like a hawk, of course, but she still moves pretty fast. I’m sure I would have watched her go in and been in right after her. The life vest means she’d be easier to catch.
Joanna was nuts over the pool, as usual. It was a little cool, but she’d have put her whole self in in a second if we’d let her.
Natalie’s using a toy to talk on the phone. Aunt Mindy gave the girls each a little bear. Natalie carried hers all around!
Mmmmm…
Catchin’ some rays.
Feet in the pool again. I eventually had to put her swim suit on her because she got her dress and panties wet. Oddly, though, she kept her suit dry.
Trying to catch some rays. Finding the life vest not so comfy for lounging.
Joanna got a ride on the shop chair from Uncle Steve. She had the best time!
We played and ate and headed home just before 7:00. Natalie had only had one little nap on one of the nursery workers in the morning, so she crashed on the way home.
I lay her in her bed, put on a fresh diaper and she fell fast asleep. Funny thing though, I woke up the next morning and found her in her PJs. (I’d left her in the dress.) I seriously thought I’d lost my mind until I called Matt and found out he’d changed her! Apparently she’d woken up early and he snuggled with her, changed her diaper and clothes, and put her back to bed. All while I was sleeping peacefully. Now THAT’S what I call a Mother’s Day present!
Happy Mother's Day! I loved seeing the Mother's Days of past and the pictures you got in the flower garden...very sweet!
ReplyDelete