Saturday, May 29, 2010

Wedding Day

P5292292

The only wedding I’ve been in was my own.  To say I was living vicariously through Joanna today is an understatement.  :)

Look very closely and you’ll see Joanna’s name printed on the right side of the program!

P5292316

I had a booger of a time getting Joanna’s hair to do what I wanted, but once I got it set before the ceremony, she left it alone and it looked cute!

P5292265

The flower girls, Jade and Joanna.

P5292267

There was music playing before the service and Joanna had to go up and get her groove on.  I hope nobody minded.  :)

P5292269

The headdress fit very nicely on Miss Natalie.  I just about couldn’t get it back from her.  I’d forgotten how much she loves hats.

P5292270

The flower girls’ baskets.

P5292271

My girls playing right before the service.

P5292273

This one’s kind of blurry, but the Joanna had her alien face on in my only other option.  :)

P5292275

I forget who Natalie’s looking at here.  I’m pretty sure it was Josh.

P5292276

Daddy the sound man and Joanna the flower girl.

P5292277

This is an example of the alien face I mentioned.  I don’t really know where it comes from.

P5292278

Even though it’s a little fuzzy, I LOVE this next picture.  Joanna was pretty transfixed by “her Christiana.”

P5292279

Happy, excited girl!

P5292280 P5292281

Waiting so patiently for her turn to throw the flowers!

P5292282

Like I mentioned in a previous post, she pretty much fell apart after it was all over.  It was kind of like talking to a dog… a dog who doesn’t speak English.  She well-behaved genes were just wore out.  She did so good, though, and we actually did get her to look cute in the pictures as well.  It just took a little longer.  Communications were down.

P5292285

But then she got some candy and that made her feel better.  I did get some real food down her today, but I would say that over half of her caloric intake today came from junk food.  Momma said there’d be days like that.

She said her tummy hurt after she ate this whole thing and drank a bunch of water.  She perked up after the chocolate cake though.  (Am I a swell mom, or what?)  I really was just going to let her have a bite of Matt’s cake because she’d spent so long watching them cut it and longing after it.  But seriously, she started to feel better and act more normal after eating some!  Chocolate really does have healing properties for my people.  :)  And she didn’t even eat a whole piece.

P5292289 

Everybody threw gold coins at the departing couple.  I don’t totally get it, but it was cute.  And they were plastic and I don’t think anyone got hurt.

P5292293

Joanna picked up a few.

P5292310

And clutched them the whole way home, even after falling asleep.  You may have noticed the wardrobe change here.  When we were on the highway in-between no where and no where, Joanna had to tinkle… bad.  We stopped at a gas station, but there was someone in the restroom.  (At this point I should have rushed her out of the store and into the grass, but I didn’t.)  By the time he got out, Joanna had held it as long as possible and peed all over the floor.  Ew.  The bathroom was so gross, too.  Blech.

P5292311

My happy diva on the way to Uncle Andy and Aunt Christiana’s house after stopping quickly at home.

P5292312

It was a very fun, very full day with family.  We had so much fun and are so glad that Christiana’s officially one of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment