Saturday, May 1, 2010

Last pics of April

On Thursday after (very early) naps, we headed to the new library to check it out.  Before I show you the pics, I would like to share a brief pro/con list about the (new) library.

Pros:

  • It’s conveniently located near other shopping/restaurants by Town center
  • It’s HUGE; they have lots more books now and room to grow
  • There are quiet rooms for reading and studying
  • There are little shopping baskets and carts
  • Tons of computers, including ones just for kids
  • Tons of seating, including cute little animals and things for the kids
  • It’s clean and new and pretty
  • There appears to be a big selection of videos to check out
  • The people (especially in the kids’ area) were very friendly
  • There are 4, I think, check out places
  • The children’s area is big and tucked in the back of the library; you don’t feel like you have to be super quiet
  • Tons of light coming in through the windows
  • DRIVE THROUGH WINDOW!!!

Cons:

  • The kids computers were kind of hard to use… yes, even for me.  :)
  • I couldn’t log on to the real computers in the kids area, but didn’t go ask for help due to needing to run after my children going in two directions, so that might not actually be a problem. :)
  • The children’s area isn’t really contained and the kids can leave you pretty easily.
  • The board books are literally all dumped in a cardboard box (picture to follow).
  • The hours SUCK.  They really suck.  Here they are: M:1-9; Tu:10-6; W:closed; Th:10-6; Fr:1-6; Sa:10-6; Su:closed.  This is why we don’t make it to the library much.
  • It’s further from my house than the old one was.
  • It’s really hard for me to take my two children there by myself.  This isn’t really the library’s fault. :)  I told Joanna we needed to go back just the two of us.  It was really empty when we went (about 2pm on Thursday) because everybody was in school or napping.

Now on to some pictures!

Natalie enjoyed talking on the phone on the computer’s mouse.  Reminds me a little of Star Trek IV – anybody??

P4291961

Joanna loved the computers.  They’re touch screen!

P4291963 

Natalie loved them, too, of course.  (Oh, and for the record, Joanna got herself dressed this day.)

P4291964 

See what I mean?  It’s makes the organizational part of my brain want to die a little.

P4291965

Natalie LOVED climbing up in all the chairs… and down and up and over and around…

P4291966

The only one who ended up with a book was me.  (Had to drag my kids upstairs for that)  I think Joanna was a little turned off by tons of board books in a box as well.  :)  I got the 3rd book in The Mortal Instruments series.  Did you hear that Shaun – I finally read the first two!

On Friday we headed to Lisa’s for play day.

This is not a good picture, but it’s the only one I caught of her dress up.  She and Anna danced and danced and danced!

P4301967

Natalie rocked a little on the Tigger.

P4301968

After lunch, everybody wanted to stretch out for some rest.  Here Anna is putting Natalie night night.  She actually lay there on her back for a while!  (Side note while I’m thinking about it: Natalie really likes being able to reach her belly button when she’s tired and going to sleep.  She sucks her right thumb and plays with her belly button with her left hand.  So, the last couple of times I’ve put her in rompers, she’s been unhappy until I unbuttoned the bottom for her!)

P4301971

Friday evening I was really thinking about pizza, and we like taking the girls out, so we let CiCi’s cook for us.

Guess who just figured out how to drink from a straw!  Yay!!

P4301977

Joanna loved eating pizza and drinking from her straw, too!

P4301974

Natalie took off her shoes and handed them to me.  I guess so she could do this:

P4301975

Joanna loved the “sert.”  I let her come with me to the bar and pick out what she wanted.  She chose a sweet roll thing.

P4301976

Today is my Grandma’s birthday.  Happy birthday, Grandma!!  Joanna is very excited about using markers to make you a card.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Those hours are horrible. Natalie looks like Joanna in the picture of her drinking out of the straw...way to go Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally feel ya on the new library hours, at those times I will basically never see it! However, the Atascocita library has better hours and is quite good. Not fancy but I'll take OPEN over fancy I guess. I want that Mortal instruments book 3!!! I am ready for the whole brother sister thing to get resolved.

    ReplyDelete