Saturday, August 7, 2010

Portrait Innovations cut list, part 1

In November of 2008, I had a shower for the upcoming Miss Natalie, and my wonderful friends and hostesses got together and gave me a gift certificate to Portrait Innovations.  Almost two years later, we finally used it!  First, I wanted to wait until the baby was born, then I wanted to wait until they were 1 year and 3 years.  I actually had an appointment scheduled for January but cancelled it because Joanna got a goose egg on her head.  Then I found out I was pregnant and decided to wait and do some “belly” pictures as well.  Oye.  I guess it’s just hard for me to make a plan for family pictures and DO IT!  I decided a couple of days ago to give it a shot this weekend.  Both girls were mosquito bite and blemish free.  I’m looking pregnant but still (in my opinion) pretty cute.  It was time!

We were just pulling up (at about 10:48 for our 10:50 appointment) when I realized I’d forgotten the gift certificate.  Pregnant people should not be in charge of things.  So Matt dropped the girls and me off; I figured we could start with pictures of the girls and finish with a family shot.  Fortunately they were running really behind (like 45-50 minutes!).  I say fortunately because Matt ran out of gas on the way home!  It was totally my fault; I kept assuring him we had enough.  Oops.  Did I mention pregnant people should not be in charge of things?  Anyway, his sweet father came and rescued him so he was able to get home, get the gift certificate, and get back.  He walked in just in time!  We’d already done pictures of the girls and of me and the girls.  He didn’t even look hot and sweaty.

I wasn’t thinking we necessarily would, but we spent every bit of that gift certificate today!  We were again very pleased with the experience and got LOTS of great shots!

We spent enough to get to bring home the CD, so I can share some “outtakes” with you.  It’s very likely most of the family will get pictures of the girls around Christmas time (even though that’s four months away, we think they’ll still be cute!) so we won’t be sharing our top picks on the ‘ol blog.  You’ll probably see them around our house though.  If you’re family, just ask surprised and excited, okay?

This first set is some of the individual shots of the girls that we didn’t get prints of, but that are so cute too!

0001

Okay, does she not look so old here?!

0009 0010 0015 0045

Can you believe how much my Joanna has grown in two years?

0046 0074

And this face of Natalie is just hilarious!

0089

More pics to come!

1 comment:

  1. Way cute! We love that place, too! I need to post Judson's 1 year pictures...maybe your post will get me motivated! I'll be over soon to see the winners!

    ReplyDelete