Among the things my mom made for the crib is this pillow case.
Well, one of the things that makes Natalie actually want to sleep in her bed is the little pillow. My mom gave it to her one night, and she loves putting her little head on it! See?
And as precious as I think that is, it bugs me that it doesn’t match her bedding. :) I know – silly.
So I got to thinking about if my mom could make a little pillowcase that would match Natalie’s bedding. We have the bedskirt and bumper pad, but I hate to cannibalize them if we want to use or pass along the whole bedding set. So I thought about trying to find some fabric that matched, but then I remembered that I have the valance and the diaper stacker that came with the bedding set. I didn’t take pictures of mine, but you can see them in this photo of the whole “Mulberry” line. The valance isn’t long enough for our window, and I like what we have better anyway, and the diaper stacker – c’mon that’s totally useless! (Okay, maybe there are people out there who use theirs, I just never have!)
So I gave them to my mom, and she came back (I’m not kidding, like two hours later) with these!
How perfect are they?!
And Natalie loves them too!
I did use the diaper stacker in the other house and loved it! My mom made mine and it would hold almost 2 packs of diapers. I would be using it again now, but I don't have a hook to hang it on!
ReplyDeleteI love the pillows though. That's a great use for something you don't use! Very cute!
very cute! my boys have always loved sleeping on pillows and now do not sleep well w/o them. Whoops! It usually started b/c they had a cold when they were a baby, and I'd prop them up so they could breathe (yes, i know this is super "wrong" but it helped them breathe, and we would all sleep, so it was worth it!). Sam has always loved sticking his hands under the pillow and rubbing b/t the pillow and mattress... it's one of those comfort things, like Natalie and her belly button!
ReplyDeleteI super love the new baby boy bedding, which I think I said before, but thought I'd mention again!
I can't tell if the diaper stacker has been repurposed or not, but it makes a great place to stack board books, just hang it at kid level. It can also hold towels in the bathroom.
ReplyDelete