Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Terrific Tuesday

This weekend I managed to get a little spurt of energy/desire to clean up the house a bit.  I really really love when the house is picked up and cleanish, but it takes so long to do and so little time to undo!  Anyway, Matt even cleaned the bathrooms for me Monday night, meaning that my house was about as clean as it gets on Tuesday morning!  Pair that with the girls sleeping until 7:30, and I was feeling pretty good!

It was a school/work day so we headed to the church.  There’s one week a month that the preschool kids can order pizza for lunch, so both girls got to eat pizza at school (translation: I DID NOT HAVE TO PACK LUNCHES!)  Oh, that was delightful!! 

I had to take a picture of Natalie in her new Oshkosh jumper – so cute!  I can’t remember what the face was about, but it’s part of her “drama” look.  :)

P9280064

I needed to run to the store and do a few more things around the house for Enchilada night (!!!), so I was hoping to have some non-work MDO time.  Worship planning got pushed back to 3:00 (and my mom was around and willing and able to watch the girls!) so I had from 11:30-2:30 (Whoo hoo!) to run errands and clean up the house.  I was really tired and moving slowly, but I managed to get a few things done.

My plan was to grab the girls, run them home to my mom, and head back to the church.  Well, I got a call from Matt at 2:00, and he was in Kingwood!  He’d gone to work early to get home early and had a light day, patient-wise, so he came home very early!!  So I told him to meet me at the church to pick up the girls.  Just the other day Joanna was commenting to my mom that she wanted her Daddy to pick her up from school.  (She’d seen some Daddies picking up one day.)  So the girls were thrilled that Matt got to pick them up and then take them home while I stayed for my meeting.

That evening we had Mamma and Pop and Andy and Christiana over for substitute enchilada night at the Pences’!

This is a picture of the girls’ stack.  I cut off about a third for Natalie, leaving the rest (with the egg) for Joanna.  Joanna pretty much cleaned her plate, and Natalie had quite a few bites of hers.  A success for sure!

P9280066

I caught a picture of Pop helping Daddy in the kitchen, with Joanna looking on.  She is very ready to be Daddy’s helper!

P9280067 

Finally the chef got to sit down and eat his stack!  He has a very studious face here!

P9280070

Story behind this particular outfit: At some point this weekend Natalie developed a diaper rash that ended up causing some pretty ugly sores to develop.  Not sure what caused the diaper rash; not sure why it got worse – oy!  Anyway, last night it was pretty bad so I wanted to keep her naked some.  With our visitors over, I decided to put something on her.  I ended up pinning on a prefold without a cover, which allowed lots of airflow, but stopped any elimination from getting everywhere.  :)  Turns out I’m really bad at pinning diapers though.  She had some saggy drawers!

P9280069

Andy and Christiana brought over Blue Bell vanilla and cones for dessert!! 

P9280071

The girls LOVE their Andy and Christiana!

P9280072 P9280073

It was a really wonderful day with good family time and a pretty clean house!  It’s funny how my mood is so tied to the mess (or lack thereof) in my house, but it also corresponds to my energy level.  Tired=messy house=grumpy until something turns it around! 

Even though I’m exhausted this evening, I’m going to take a shower and pick up the house before I sit down to relax.  In the long run, it will make me feel better!

2 comments: