Lisa had us over to play yesterday – yay!
It’s always good to have some fresh dress-up to put on.
One of James’ other big sisters. :)
Very cool shades James!
Today Mom, Joanna, and I went to The Woodlands to do some shopping. I thought I was going to go by myself, but then my mom was up for coming along (yay!) so we brought a kid too.
We hit the mall because I needed to do some, um… woman kind of shopping, which is why I haven’t tried to go with my children during the week. Yikes!
Mom and Joanna played in the play area while I shopped, then we headed to a shoe store close by for some “running” shoes. They really are running shoes, but I don’t know how much running they’ll do with me as their owner. :)
I really am headed toward actual exercise in my life, but I didn’t have a pair of athletic shoes fit for walking or jumping or running or anything. I’d heard about this store called Luke’s Locker (and I’m sure there are other stores like this) that really fit your feet for shoes. It was a very neat experience! The guy (who had a very cool South African accent) looked at my feet, measured them (size 11 – boo!), and had me walk around to see how I walked. Then I put a pair on, and he had me walk and run on the treadmill to see my stride and gait and what-not. Then I tried on a few pair of shoes, compared them, and picked out the best one.
They feel so good!
The kids and I took them for a walk to the little park area a couple of blocks away.
I had my camera along, in case you couldn’t tell. :)
James is hilarious – he crawled backward for several feet. Ha!
Joanna rode her bike there, and when we got home she realized one of the streamers from her handles was missing. When Matt got back I took the opportunity to run/walk our little path by myself and look for it. I didn’t find it, but I got a little exercise in!
This little hat keeps appearing in the house, and all the children like to put it on. It doesn’t so much look like it in the pictures, but it made James look like a biker to me. :)
This is my pretty flower and flower pot from Joanna for Mother’s Day:
I love my flower pot that Joanna decorated for me, but I’m not holding out much hope for the flower. :)
It’s a sun-loving little guy, so I’m going to have to plant it out by the mailbox. I have a very shady (not complaining!) lot, so there aren’t many spots of “full sun.” Now if I actually get it planted and if the neighbor dogs don’t mess with it, it might have a chance! Then I can put something else in my pot, like love notes or chocolate or fabric scraps or pens or… something fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment