Saturday, May 26, 2012

There are more pictures of food than people in this post.

Thursday evening was our Sola Gratia end of season party – wahoo!!  We have this tradition where we put together a fancy spread of coordinating dishes (like, from Southern Living or something).  This means I have to buy and make things I never would otherwise.

I couldn’t hold the recipe quite far enough from the camera, so Joanna held it for me – she’s so helpful!  (Though, now that I’ve cropped it, you totally can’t tell that anyone was holding it.)  Anyway…

IMG_4923

I was planning to wait until naptime to put it together, but the children started to play blissfully sweetly at about 1:00, so I jumped on it!

I am soooooooo thankful for my new knife, which I used to chop everything.

IMG_4907

All put together, minus the feta, which was added right before serving.

IMG_4920

Matt liked it and the kids even ate a bit, but I actually didn’t try it.  It is soooooo NOT my kind of food.  :)

At the party I got busy taking pictures of all the other yummy dishes.

The cucumber was hollowed out like a little bowl and filled with some kind of fantastic cream cheese mixture.  They were kind of hard to eat, but I still managed to have two.  :)

IMG_4924

Quiche – yummo!!

IMG_4925

These little beauties were Pilsbury biscuit dough in muffin tins topped with brie cheese and some mango chutney.  YUM.

IMG_4926

A lot of the dishes had duplicates (we’re hungry people!); here’s the other biscuity one, although it tasted a little different.  (Yup, I sampled ‘em both!)

IMG_4933

A beautiful salad that I did not eat because of the wide variety of vegetables that I do not like.  But did I mention it was beautiful?

IMG_4927

My salad!

IMG_4928

And the pita chips it was to be served with:

IMG_4929

Here’s the other Greek chicken salad.  I didn’t taste it either, but it sure is pretty!

IMG_4934

Yummy cheese and crackers:

IMG_4930

Some herbed pecans – mmmmmm…

IMG_4931

Sausages wrapped in bacon and deliciousness:

IMG_4935

Some goooooood fruit:

IMG_4936

Such a lovely spread!

IMG_4937

Mmmmm…

IMG_4941

And in the other room, some desserts:

IMG_4946IMG_4947IMG_4948

IMG_4949

And twenty-five pictures into this post – some people!  I tried to take pictures of everybody, but if I missed someone it was probably because they were moving around.   A lot of the pictures are poorly shot, but I couldn’t stand around taking picture after picture of people like I did with the food.  (They had lots of talking to do!)

Donna and Theresa:

IMG_4950

Kendra and Kelly:

IMG_4952

Beth and Amanda:

IMG_4953

Elisa, Carol, and Emily:

IMG_4954

Susie and Linda:

IMG_4956

Stacia and Sue:

IMG_4957

Jamie, Cyndy, and Irma:

IMG_4959

Mary and Lori:

IMG_4960

Meredith, our esteemed director, was moving around at picture time, but I got a shot of her later on.

IMG_4965

I just love love singing in this group.  I’m sad we don’t meet in the summer, but I guess it’s good to have a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment