We had a bloom on the Joanna rose last week.
And here is a picture of what I believe is a yellow squash plant. The thing that is so amazing about this plant is that I didn’t plant it. It grew out of the compost!!!!
If I actually manage to accidentally grow a vegetable, it is going to totally make my day week month year. :)
While I was outside taking pictures of plants, I took a shot of my laundry too. I love hanging laundry outside. I’m just getting back into the groove of it after my winter routine. This is from last Saturday when I pretty much washed everything in one day.
I ran out of clothespins.
Monday Matt had to work, but he came home early – yay!! I had been hankering for a snow cone, so we took everybody up to Jitters and brought them home to eat on the driveway.
The girls are pretty happy just to get a snow cone and aren’t too particular what flavor, so I pick things I think will be light colored. :)
Joanna got pineapple; it’s yellow.
Around here, everybody has what everybody else has… or else they’ve built an immunity to it. I can’t imagine why… ahem.
Oh, and FYI, the lemonade flavor at Jitters is CLEAR. Everybody’s getting that one next time!!
On Tuesday we tried to go to the library in the morning, but somehow my dress (my almost new dress) ripped between my house and the parking lot, and I felt it would be inappropriate to go into the library with my… behind showing, so we came home.
My mother says it was the universe telling me to throw out the dress. I say it was the universe telling me not to take three small children into the library.
So instead we changed into our walking shoes and walked to Sonic for lunch!
We took the double stroller, and mostly James and Natalie rode while Joanna and I walked. Natalie and Joanna switched a bit so big sis could rest, but everybody did so well!
It helped that there was a reward built in to the exercise.
I have trouble doing things like going outside or exercising, much less both at the same time, without some kind of incentive. :)
We all indulged in yummy processed junk food and artificially flavored beverages before heading back home.
Joanna is so funny to make believe with. She ran ahead of us and sat on this bench. When we got to it, I pretended she was a little girl I didn’t know. Joanna played along and made up a story about how her mother and father had died, (so sad!) but they said she could come sleep over with me and my children. She asked us our names and if we had extra beds and everything.
I can’t wait until she starts writing.
No comment other than this post just made me smile bug time and my new skirt ripped a hole and I only got to wear it once so I understand!
ReplyDelete