Monday, February 25, 2013

Ansel Adams quote

I saw this quote from Ansel Adams online somewhere, and I just loved it!

  IMG_1549

I did a quick search to see if I could find it formatted in a pretty way (as in, if someone else had done all the work already), but I couldn’t.  Soooooo, I decided to try doing it myself.  This whole digital design thing isn’t exactly my forte, but I do like the way it turned out!  I hunted for a picture that didn’t have a face to use for the background, then spent approximately ninety-seven hours fooling around with Photoshop Elements to get it to do what I wanted.  It shouldn’t take that long, but I am slow.  :)

I printed it as an 11x14 at Sams for THREE DOLLARS.  You just cannot beat that my friends.  The frame I wanted to put it in was a 10x13, so I put a white border around the important stuff so that I could trim it off.  The photo that was in the frame was of Joanna and Natalie and it was taken 2 1/2 years ago.  James was but a fetus.  There are duplicate frames hanging on either side also contain photos of Joanna and Natalie from 2 1/2 years ago.  I’m thinking I’ll put a pic of Joanna/Natalie in one and James in the other or a pic of James/Natalie in one and Joanna in the other, or a pic of Natalie in one and James/Joanna in the other.  You get my drift.  I’m kind of thinking it might work out well to put Joanna’s school picture in one and the little kids’ school picture (which doesn’t exist yet but will hopefully be beautiful) in the other. 

I got Joanna’s spring school picture today, and it is surprisingly lovely!  (Joanna is always lovely, and that is not surprising, but you know school pictures are notoriously rather hideous.)  I do have a problem with fake background though, which this has.  I don’t want it to look like Joanna was sitting just inside a forest when we know perfectly well she was sitting in front of a green screen at her elementary school.  That annoys me.  Still, it’s pretty of her.  It is TWELVE dollars though.  For ONE picture.  And it’s not exactly like there’s a shortage of pictures of Joanna around here.

Am I right?

IMG_1550

IMG_1554

I had a feeling Joanna’s birthday was sort of overlooked on Friday at school, and I was right. :)  But here is her beautiful birthday crown that she got at school today!

No comments:

Post a Comment