These are a couple of things I like to make (and that the kids mostly like to eat) when I have leftover chicken.
Chicken pockets:
Here’s the recipe for the chicken pockets. I definitely consider these to be a compromise food because of the crescent rolls. I don’t really think they have any redeemable qualities, aside from deliciousness. :)
Anyway, I make these by throwing the ingredients in my kitchen aid with the paddle on. How did I ever live without that thing?!
Then I scoop some in the middle of a crescent triangle:
And then kind of fold it up around the filling.
I tend to go for done versus pretty. :)
They are very tasty!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Another thing I love love love to do is a creation originally from my mother. We’ve both tweaked it with time. This is what I do these days ----- yuuuuum!
Chicken patties, or (if you’re feeling fancy) Chicken croquettes:
In some oil and/or butter, I cook (really whatever veggies I have around) onion, carrots, and garlic until quite tender. I really like them to taste more like butter than veggies. :)
At the very end I throw in some chopped fresh spinach. It doesn’t take much for it to get all wilty and yummy.
I throw it in the kitchen aid (LOVE THAT THING!) with some leftover chicken. {I realize there are no measurements here; it’s pretty much just whatever you’ve got. I would say the chicken and veggies are probably pretty equal.
My mom has figured out how eliminate crackers from this dish, making it a very low point, low carb, low whatever meal, but Ritz are very very easy. :)
I throw a couple of eggs in and some crackers – I probably used 1/4 to 1/2 the package – it just needs to sort of be able to hold it’s shape as a patty.
I use my big cookie scoop to put blobs out.
Then I form them into patties with my hands. I’m not sure a non-stick surface is my ideal surface for these guys, but the griddle is soooo handy for cooking them all up at once. My counter isn’t level, so I struggle with the oil pooling in just one spot. :) I like to use oil (I think might actually be palm shortening) even though it’s non-stick because it gives them that yummy, crispy brown coating.
All we’re needing to do is cook the egg, so it doesn’t take long. Yum!
I like mine with a little ketchup. I love eating a whole bunch of veggies that don’t taste like veggies! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment