Monday, February 25, 2013

More 6th Birthday Fun!

Mamma and Pop picked up Joanna from school on Friday and took her to Toys R Us to pick out her birthday present.  She had the best best time with her grandparents and picked out a tea party set.  She and her brother and sister have been having lots of tea parties since then!
When they finally brought her home she opened up her present from us.
IMG_1446
I love appreciation.
IMG_1449IMG_1451
Sadly it doesn’t fit her so well, but Natalie and James don’t mind!
We got her a jewelry box filled with some goodies.
IMG_1454
Like sunglasses.
IMG_1458
You can see Natalie sulking in the background – it’s so hard when Sister gets goodies that you love!
IMG_1459
She’s so proud of her special box and has been doing a good job keeping her most favorite things in it. 
IMG_1465
James had a fun time throwing around the tissue paper.
IMG_1466IMG_1467
Joanna picked the Chinese buffet for dinner.  It’s a littler pricier than we care to do for dinner, BUT I have been seriously craving it, so we splurged.  Sooooo worth it.  :)
IMG_1470IMG_1472
James looks unhappy, but he was not.  I can’t remember why he made that face.
IMG_1473
Joanna got TWO calls and a text while we at dinner.  She’s so popular!
IMG_1476
She had a Fancy Nancy book from the school library that was a level 1 instead of like a level 0 that she usually reads.  I was in shock when I heard her read the first few pages!
IMG_1479
I came to find out she’d memorized them from reading the night before with her daddy.  :)  She did great with the rest of the book as well though.  And it’s fun to read something that has a little more meat to it.
She got a little video camera from Gran and David for her birthday earlier in the week, and on Saturday I finally had the right batteries for it.  :)
IMG_1480
Natalie is dancing for her, and James is saying “cheese.”  Man I love those kids.
IMG_1482
Budding cinematographer right here!
IMG_1483
She’s showing Natalie how to work it.
IMG_1484IMG_1485
Sweet sisters:
IMG_1486
{I’m aware this post is getting long.  I don’t really know what to tell you.  Maybe go get a drink of water and come back?}
Our local library has pretty terrible hours, so we don’t go much.  But I saw an opportunity to slip out and go with my Joanna on Saturday.  (Matt was with the littles, of course.)  First stop was the reference section to grab some photography books for me.
IMG_1487
Then we hit the leveled readers.
IMG_1493IMG_1496
And then because of course only one of the four children’s computers was working, and a little girl had just sat down at it, we opted to go get a treat from McDonald’s.  :)
IMG_1498
I’m so very glad that Joanna is happy with the teeny cone.
IMG_1501
And of course a large Dr. Pepper for me!
IMG_1504
It was so nice to have an impromptu date with my big girl!!  Happy birthday to the sweetest, most kind-hearted six year old I know!!!!!!!
I will blog more about how wonderful she is and what she’s up to when I take her “official” six year old pictures.  And that will happen just as soon as the scrapes on her face clear up.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment